Receive industry and products news from the market categories that matter to you most.
Stay up to date on industry news and trends, product announcements and the latest innovations.
Product News: Computer Hardware & Peripherals
Programmable Module migrates BASIC programs to ControlLogix.
Press Release Summary:
Jan 15, 2004 - BASIC programmable module for ControlLogix platform enables users to migrate BASIC programs from 1771-DB and 1746-BAS modules to ControlLogix. It features single-slot backplane-compatibility for ControlLogix platform, lets users add BASIC programming with DH-485 and DF1 function calls, and allows users to write programs for specialized applications. BASIC programs are stored in MVI56-BAS Compact Flash disk; up to 24064 bytes of RAM memory are available.
Original Press Release
ProSoft Technology, Inc. Introduces BASIC Programmable Module for ControlLogix
Press release date: Oct 01, 2003
BAKERSFIELD, Calif., October 1, 2003
ProSoft Technology, Inc. introduces a new BASIC programmable module for Allen-Bradley's ControlLogix platform (MVI56-BAS). Now you can migrate proven, reliable BASIC programs from 1771-DB and 1746-BAS modules to ControlLogix. ProSoft's BASIC module also features:
· Single-slot, backplane-compatibility for the ControlLogix platform
· Add BASIC programming with DH-485 and DF1 function calls
· Allows the user to write programs for specialized applications
· Saves ControlLogix processor memory by running math algorithms
· Supports BASIC-52 programming language, allowing the user to easily develop, edit, run and debug BASIC programs
The BASIC module contains three ports:
· DH-485: Allows access to DH-485 compatible devices using an Allen-Bradley AIC+ module (user-supplied)
· Port 1: ASCII serial communication or program port
· Port 2: Capability to configure Port 2 for DF1 communication using BASIC programming
The BASIC programs are stored in the MVI56-BAS Compact Flash disk allowing the user to easily backup the BASIC programs to another Compact Flash disk or to a local PC. Up to 24064 bytes of RAM memory are available.
Example application for the MVI56-BAS module include:
· SCADA system
· Foreign device data concentrator
· Bar code scanners
· Weigh scale interface
· Legacy BASIC protocol connections
As with all ProSoft products, the MVI56-BAS comes with a one-year warranty and unlimited technical support. Sales are available worldwide; contact your automation equipment distributor or ProSoft Technology.
For more information on the BASIC programmable module for ControlLogix call 661-716-5100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.prosoft-technology.com.
For additional information about ProSoft Technology and its products, visit www.prosoft-technology.com
For more information please call or email:
Mariana Campbell ProSoft Technology 1675 Chester Avenue 4th Floor Bakersfield, CA 93301 Phone: 661-7165100 x 212 Fax: 661-7165101 Email: email@example.com
Don't miss the latest news!