Press Release Summary:
Model TPA2026D2 stereo Class-D amplifier drives 3.2 W/channel into 4 W at 5 V, and is available in 2.2 x 2.2 mm, 0.5 mm pitch WCSP. Offered in 1.63 x 1.63 mm, 0.5 mm pitch WCSP, TPA2028D1 mono Class-D unit drives 3 W/channel into 4 W at 5 V. Both have SmartGain(TM) automatic gain control and programmable SmartGain dynamic range compression with selectable compression ratios for up to 30 dB gain. This helps achieve louder volume from speaker without increasing peak voltage.
Original Press Release:
TI Class-D Amplifiers Feature Automatic Gain Control and Dynamic Range Compression and Advance Portable Audio Performance
TPA2028D1's output power 43 percent higher than competition to improve volume and clarity in portable devices
DALLAS - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced a 3.2-W per channel stereo Class-D amplifier and a 3-W, mono Class-D amplifier, both with fast gain ramp SmartGain(TM) automatic gain control (AGC) and programmable dynamic range compression (DRC). To achieve louder volume from the speaker without increasing the peak voltage, the TPA2028D1 and TPA2026D2 incorporate DRC to boost soft volumes automatically, allowing designers to compress the dynamic range of the audio to match the dynamic range of the speaker. Designers of cell phones, notebook PCs and portable DVD players can benefit from this cost-effective, smaller amplifier that extends battery life while improving volume and clarity. To order samples or for more information, visit: www.ti.com/tpa2028d1-pr.
Key features and benefits of the TPA2028D1 and TPA2026D2
- The devices have higher output power than the leading competition, yielding louder volume.
- TPA2028D1 drives 3 W/channel into 4 Ohms at 5 V for 43 percent higher output power.
- TPA2026D2 drives 3.2 W/channel into 4 Ohms at 5 V for 52 percent higher output power 2x reduction in the quiescent current extends battery life.
- 10x reduction in offset voltage, significantly lowers pop-noise for clearer audio.
- Programmable SmartGain DRC with selectable compression ratios for up to 30-dB gain significantly enhances the loudness without increasing the peak voltage.
Availability and pricing
The TPA2028D1 is available now in a 1.63-mm x 1.63-mm, 0.5-mm pitch, 9-ball WCSP and is priced at $0.90 in 1,000-unit quantities. The TPA2026D2 is available now in a 2.2-mm x 2.2-mm, 0.5-mm pitch, 16-ball WCSP and is priced at $1.30 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Find out more about the TPA2028D1 and TPA2026D2 and TI's audio portfolio:
- Order samples and EVMs: www.ti.com/tpa2028d1-pr.
- Download Audio Selection Guide: ti.com/audio-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow audio engineers in the TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/audioforum-pr.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments (NYSE:TXN) helps customers solve problems and develop new electronics that make the world smarter, healthier, safer, greener and more fun. A global semiconductor company, TI innovates through design, sales and manufacturing operations in more than 30 countries. For more information, go to www.ti.com.
All trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Source: Texas Instruments Incorporated
Web Site: www.ti.com/