Press Release Summary:
Featuring all-welded, one-piece stainless steel construction and InconelÂ® X-750 wetted parts for use with abrasive or corrosive media, Model 425 provides Â±0.1% high accuracy or Â±0.2% standard accuracy, while Model 427 features Â±0.2% accuracy. Model 427 has wide and shallow sensing port that facilitates seamless flow of viscous media blends. Wing Union/Hammer Union sensors are RFI/EMI protected, withÂ field adjustable zero and span, multiple electrical connections, and intrinsically safe option.
Original Press Release:
New Wing Union / Hammer Union Pressure Sensors
Honeywell Sensing and Control is pleased to announce two new additions to our Wing Union / Hammer Union pressure sensor portfolio.
Potential Applications include: Oil and gas drilling, Mud pumps / mud logging, Fracturing and cementing, Acidizing, Well head measurement and Standpipe Stimulation.
The Model 425 is available in two accuracy levels (±0.2 % BFSL [Best Fit Straight Line] – Standard) or (±0.1 % BFSL – High Accuracy). The Model 427 (±0.2 % BFSL) provides a wide and shallow sensing port that facilitates the seamless flow of more viscous media blends.
Built on Honeywell’s time-proven Wing Union one-piece design, both models provide highly accurate and reliable data for more confident detection of small changes in pressure, allowing the operator to quickly adjust media flow pressure during drilling operations. This helps drilling operators optimize oil withdrawal rates and profile potentially dangerous conditions such as gas bubbles to increase drilling personnel safety.
Other features include:
• Quick Installation/Serviceability – Designed for quick field installation, offers resistance to torque stress at hammer up with field adjustable zero and span for reliable long term performance.
• Reliability / Durability – All welded stainless steel construction, with Inconel® wetted parts for resistance to abrasive or corrosive media. Shock and vibration tested; CE, CSA / ATEX - Intrinsically Safe approvals.
• Longevity – Hit it and forget it! Honeywell’s class leading reliability plus an annual calibration cycle allows customers to install and move on.
• Quick Availability – Multiple configurations available for quick shipment in less than 5 days, others available within 2 weeks.
- Model 425 available with ± 0.1% high accuracy; or ±0.2% standard accuracy
- Model 427 with ±0.2% accuracy features a wider aperture design for use with more viscous media
- Both feature all-welded one-piece, hermetically sealed, stainless-steel construction and Inconel® X-750 wetted parts for additional durability with abrasive or corrosive media
- Multiple electrical connections available
- RFI/EMI protected
- Intrinsically safe option
- CE approved; CSA/ATEX certification
Additional Info, data sheets and images online at https://measurementsensors.honeywell.com/news/newproducts/Pages/WingUnionPressureSensors.aspx
Hi res image supplied upon request.
SRS Tech PR