Press Release Summary:
Density or specific gravity is affected by entrapped air bubbles in liquid under test. With fixed internal volume of 100 mL, Model VF2095 compresses sample so that any errors due to entrapped air or gas are eliminated. By then weighing pressurized sample, true density can be calculated. Model VF2085 offers high level of repeatability and can be taken apart for cleaning.
Original Press Release:
Introducing the New Pressure Density Cup
Density or specific gravity (SG) is affected by entrapped air bubbles in the liquid under test. The VF2095 pressure density cup has a fixed internal volume of 100 ml. which is to be compressed by the mechanism of the density cup. After rotation, agitation or dispersion, gas and air can be entrapped within the material.
Under pressure the air will dissolve better into the liquid and any bubbles that are left undissolved will be compressed to a fraction of their original size. Density of the liquid is defined at a very high level of repeatability by weighing. The VF2095 can easily be taken apart to allow easy cleaning.
• Minimizes the effect of entrapped air bubbles
• High level of repeatability
• Easy to clean
Use: The Pressure Density Cup takes a fixed volume (100 ml) of the sample and compresses it so that any errors due to entrapped air or gas are eliminated. By then weighing the pressurised sample, its true density can be calculated. Repeatability of this test is therefore very good.
• Though robust in design, this instrument is precision-machined. Never drop it or knock it over.
• Always clean the instrument after use.
• Clean the instrument using a soft dry cloth. Never clean the instrument by any mechanical means such as a wire brush or abrasive paper. This may cause, just like the use of aggressive cleaning agents, permanent damage.
• Do not use compressed air to clean the instrument.
• Always keep the instrument in its case when not in use.
• We recommend annual calibration.