Press Release Summary:
Precision ground insert with 3F geometry for stainless steels, aluminum, high-temperature alloys and steels features periphery ground edges for accurate profiling and indexability. Additional features include light hones and positive geometry. Radii are available for light depths of cut and producing small corner radii. PVD grades offer layer of lubricity for reduced coefficient of friction. Coating provides heat resistance and optimizes chip flow.
Original Press Release:
Stellram Introduces New Insert With 3F Geometry For Aerospace Applications
Stellram now offers a new precision ground insert with a geometry for stainless steels, aluminum, high temperature alloys and steels. The new 3F geometry is ideal for
aerospace applications where high accuracy is required.
Advantages of the new insert include:
* Periphery ground edges for high accuracy profiling and
* Light hones and positive geometry for reduced built-up
edge and improved surface finish
* Small radii available for light depths of cut and for
producing small corner radii
* New PVD grades offer layer of lubricity for reduced
coefficient of friction plus extended wear
* New coating also improves heat resistance and optimizes