Press Release Summary:
SurePOS(TM) Application Client/Server Environment (ACE) v3 and Electronic Payment Support v3 enables support of e-business on demand(TM) in store environment. GUI and Java/XML toolkit aid in developing user interfaces for ACE, while Data Integration Facility provides support for transforming 4690 application data into standards-based XML. Features include 32-bit compiler support for Windows(TM) XP as development platform, and 14-digit GTIN/RSS.
Original Press Release:
IBM SurePOS ACE V3 Delivers New Functionality and Now Supports the IBM Store Integration Framework with a Java GUI and Java/XML Toolkit
The IBM SurePOS(TM) Application Client/Server Environment (ACE) V3 and IBM Electronic Payment Support (EPS) V3 add exciting new functionality and are now positioned to use the IBM Store Integration Framework (SIF) to support e-business on demand(TM) in the store environment. The Store Integration Framework graphical user interface, which is an integral part of this framework and also a feature of ACE V3, will deliver an enhanced Java(TM) GUI and Java/XML toolkit to develop simple, intuitive user interfaces for ACE. Those retailers who have invested in the SureVision GUI to extend ACE can protect those extensions as they move to this new enhanced GUI.
ACE V3 without the IBM Store Integrator GUI Edition feature requires the following:
· A 4693 or 4694 terminal with a minimum of 16 MB of memory. It will also run on the SurePOS 700 Series terminals that are supported by the 4690 OS. The 4690 OS controller for ACE is a minimum P100 MHz (4690 OS V3) with at least 64 MB of memory.
· IBM 4690 Operating System V3.3 (5639-M77, with corrective service diskette [CSD level 04H0 or later).
ACE V3 with the IBM Store Integrator GUI Edition feature requires the following:
· IBM 4690 Operating System V3.3 (5639-M77 with CSD level 04H0 or later).
· ICESoft e-Lite Browser (5799-RLH) Version 5.4.
· For terminals:
- To utilize the Operator GUI, a minimum of 224 MB of RAM and a 500 MHz processor.
- To utilize the Customer GUI, a minimum of 224 MB of RAM and a 500 MHz processor.
- To utilize Dual graphical displays (both operator and customer GUIs), a minimum of 224MB of RAM and an 850 MHz processor.
Controller requirements: IBM recommends a minimum 500 MHz processor and 128 MB of RAM.
The IBM Store Integrator GUI Edition feature of ACE V3 is a prerequisite for the Operator Touch GUI, the Customer GUI, or the dual video displays support.
Planned availability dates
· April 9, 2004 (media for English)
· May 21, 2004 (media for Spanish)
At a glance
Highlights of ACE and EPS V3:
· The Store Integrator GUI, an integral part of the SIF and a feature of ACE V3. It delivers an enhanced Java GUI and Java/XML toolkit to develop simple, intuitive user interfaces to ACE.
· The ability for the IBM Data Integration Facility (DIF) to work with IBM SurePOS ACE. DIF provides out-of-the box support for transforming 4690 application data into standards-based XML.
· Enablement of ACE for the Application Extension Facility (AEF) in Store Integrator. This facility will allow existing functionality within ACE to be accessible through a set of APIs and Web services.
· A 32-bit compiler, which increases the address space, simplifies the development environment, and improves the ability for customers, Business Partners, and IBM to service and support the product.
· Support for Windows(TM) XP as a development platform, which extends currency to the latest Windows operating system.
· 14-digit GTIN/RSS, which supports the new Uniform Code Council industry standards.
· Check image capture, which provides merchants with added loss protection for bad checks. This adds the capability to ACE to support the new 4610-TI8 printer, which has not only check image capture but also enhanced MICR read capability.
· Clean receipt enhancements, for more readable customer receipts.