Press Release Summary:
Kestrel 4000 Pocket Weather Tracker combines altimeter, barometer, thermometer, anemometer and hygrometer to measure barometric pressure, altitude, density altitude, temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind chill, dewpoint, wet bulb temperature and heat stress. Tracking device allows users to log environmental data for entire trips, expeditions, outings or flights. Memory of 250 data points can record up to four months worth of data.
Original Press Release:
NK Puts The Planet's Conditions At Your Fingertips With The New Kestrel(R) 4000 Pocket Weather(TM) Tracker(TM)
Hand-held weather meter combines altimeter, barometer, thermometer, anemometer and hygrometer to measure, log and track every environmental condition.
CHESTER, PA (November 12, 2001) - NK, manufacturers of Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters, has released the next generation of weather monitoring- the Kestrel 4000 Pocket Weather Tracker. A complete hand-held weather station, the Kestrel 4000 measures every major environmental condition: barometric pressure, altitude, density altitude, temperature, humidity, wind speed, wind chill, dewpoint, wet bulb temperature and heat stress. This pocket-sized unit is more than just a weather meter for checking the current conditions; the Kestrel 4000 is a tracking device that allows users to log the environmental data for entire trips, expeditions, outings or flights. The 4000's extensive memory and recall functions give anyone playing or working outdoors the ability to accurately watch and predict weather trends.
The easy-to-use customization menu allows the user to choose how often the unit will take regular measurements. Once programmed, the unit "wakes up" at the predetermined interval to measure and store all the readings. The data can then be reviewed in a graph with a scrolling cursor that tells the date, time and value for each reading. With a memory of 250 data points, the Kestrel 4000 can record up to four months worth of data, depending upon the storage interval.
Some of the features that set the Kestrel 4000 apart from other weather instruments available today are:
* Full portability- the unit weights only 3.6 ounces o Guaranteed accuracy specifications that ensure precise and reliable readings
* A large, backlit display that allows easy use in any conditions, day or night
* New humidity sensor that yields ±3% accuracy, and offers greater stability in extreme, low humidity conditions
* Flip-top impeller cover protects the impeller while still taking all other weather readings
* Patented user-replaceable impeller, in case of damage or wear
* Rugged, charcoal colored case that is completely waterproof
* Clock and calendar to give day, date and time of every reading
* Three user-defined screens that combine readings for quick and easy reference
* Min/Max/Avg screens that give the historic minimum, maximum and average values for every measurement
* Multiple language capabilities- English, Spanish, French
* Neck and wrist lanyard, soft carry pouch and two AAA batteries included
* Battery life of at least 400 hours
* 1-year warranty
The Kestrel 4000 retails for $329, and can be used by anyone who works or plays outdoors and needs accurate and reliable weather information. Aviators, hikers, paddlers, climbers, campers, farmers, firefighters, sailors, hunters, educators, weather watchers and HVAC technicians, as well as those involved in environmental tracking and evaluation are just a few examples of people who will find the Kestrel 4000 to be a useful tool. The Kestrel 4000 is available at national retail and catalog outlets or directly from NK. Kestrel 4000 Pocket Weather Tracker
Other members of the Kestrel Pocket Weather Meter Family include: the Kestrel 1000 ($89) current, max, avg wind speed; the Kestrel 2000 ($119) wind speed, temperature, wind chill; the Kestrel 3000 ($179) relative humidity, heat stress, dewpoint temperature, wind chill, wind speed, temperature.
Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters are employed by thousands of users in hundreds of different activities around the world. For over twenty years, Nielsen-Kellerman is known worldwide for its waterproof speed measurement, timing and audio systems for competitive rowers. Virtually every shell at the 2000 Sydney Olympic games carried NK equipment.