Company teams with customers and key partners to demonstrate how integration of heath care technology improves patient care and safety
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — As part of HIMSS 2014, Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions to healthcare systems, will showcase the interoperability of its automated dispensing systems in the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase and the Intelligent Hospital™ Pavilion along with partner collaborations and customer presentations across the exhibition floor.
Omnicell is pleased to demonstrate its commitment to providing integrated automation and analytics solutions to hospital and health systems around the globe during HIMSS 2014.
HIMSS attendees can view Omnicell's full suite of medication and supply management solutions, including its Pandora® analytics tool, in HIMSS booth #902. Pandora provides facility-wide visibility of usage and inventory data, enabling more informed clinical decisions and improved management of drug shortage items. Pandora aggregates supply data across the hospital as well as medication data from all Omnicell systems including central pharmacy, anesthesia and dispensing solutions used in the nursing units. Additionally, Pandora offers Pyxis and Aesynt customers the ability to display similar inventory data and diversion oversight in their facilities.
Omnicell's interoperability and partner solutions will be showcased at the following venues:
- HIMSS Interoperability Showcase, Booth 9001: attendees will be able to view Omnicell's pharmacy solutions as part of a neonatal intensive care unit early pediatric care scenario.
- Intelligent Hospital Pavilion, Booth 8265: Visitors will learn about the use of Omnicell solutions in the Pharmacy, OR, Labor and Delivery and Step Down rooms of the Pavilion.
- Leadership Theater, HIMSS Booth 8265: Dr. Jacob Thiesse, Informatics Pharmacist, Billings Clinic will present on the topic "Medication Systems Interoperability at Billings Clinic" on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 from 3:15-3:45pm ET.
- Microsoft Booth #4749: As one of Microsoft's intelligent systems partners, Omnicell will be showing details of the Billings collaboration, which integrates automated dispensing systems within the Billings EHR system.
- Motorola Booth #5545 - Omnicell's Savvy™ mobile medication workstation, which uses the Motorola wireless scanner, will be shown.
- Baxter Booth #929: Omnicell's medication management system will be demonstrated. Baxter and Omnicell have entered into an exclusive agreement to develop software solutions to create an integrated, holistic view of medication delivery from the pharmacy to the bedside.
Omnicell's commitment to interoperability begins with strategic partnerships that deliver real solutions tailored to customer needs. Recently Omnicell and Cerner announced Billings Clinic as the first customer to connect Omnicell automated dispensing cabinets (ADC's) and Cerner Millennium® EHR, via the CareAware iBus®. In a presentation on Tuesday, February 25 at 3:15pm ET in the HIMSS Leadership Theater, Dr. Thiesse, from Billings Clinic, will describe this project and the benefits gained for nursing and pharmacy in the medication use processes at this multi-specialty integrated hospital and clinic.
"The ability to streamline the medication ordering and delivery processes through the electronic health record has saved our staff time and reduced the chance of preventable error," said Dr. Thiesse. "Together Omnicell and Cerner have demonstrated a true collaboration by working as a team to help us deliver the best possible care to our patients."
"Hospitals are making extraordinary efforts to improve patient safety and outcomes and reduce cost through integration of technology across all departments in both acute and non-acute settings," said Marga Ortigas-Wedekind, Omnicell executive vice president, Global Marketing and Product Development. "Omnicell's goal is to connect our solutions, not only within the hospital enterprise but to the non-acute care sites of a healthcare system and to further extend these connections by integrating and streamlining workflows with other technology vendor solutions. Our broad participation in many scenarios throughout the HIMSS convention center signifies our commitment to developing interoperability solutions for our health care customers."
Visit Omnicell at HIMSS 2014 at booth 902.
Since 1992, Omnicell (NASDAQ: OMCL) has been creating new efficiencies to improve patient care, anywhere it is delivered. Omnicell is a leading supplier of comprehensive automation and business analytics software for patient-centric medication and supply management across the entire healthcare continuum-- from the acute care hospital setting to post-acute skilled nursing and long-term care facilities to the home.
More than 2,800 Acute Care customers worldwide have utilized Omnicell's medication automation, supply chain and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce errors, deliver actionable intelligence and improve patient safety. Omnicell Non-Acute Care solutions, including its MTS Medication Technologies brand, provide innovative medication adherence packaging solutions to help reduce costly hospital readmissions. In addition, these solutions enable approximately 6,000 institutional and retail pharmacies worldwide to maintain high accuracy and quality standards in medication dispensing and administration while optimizing productivity and controlling costs.
OMCL - G
Web Site: http://www.omnicell.com