Press Release Summary:
Suitable for worldwide voltage, ENERGY STARÂ®-certified EnergizerÂ® Intelligent Charger can fully recharge 4 AA or AAA batteries in 6-8 hr. Digital countdown clock shows how many hours remain until batteries are fully charged, while digital fuel gauge indicates how full batteries are. Also able to detect non-NiMH battery and shut off charging, product incorporates overcharge protection and indicator that detects if battery is good or bad.
Original Press Release:
Don't Let Your Batteries Be the Boss of You
- The New Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger Puts you in Control of Your Power
So picture the scene. You're at a family celebration and all the party guests have gathered for that important group photo, but just at that moment your digital camera shuts down.
These moments will be a thing of the past thanks to Energizer(R), the World's number one selling Rechargeable brand, which this autumn launches a unique and revolutionary charger that puts you back in control of your power and helps make your life easier.
"We are committed to listening to our consumers and providing innovative solutions that help make their lives easier," said Martin Burch, Marketing Director for Europe. "Here at Energizer(R) we know that people lead busy lives and are looking for simpler ways to keep their many battery-powered devices going so that they, for example, don't miss that perfect picture because of a drained battery.
"Now, based on extensive consumer insights, Energizer(R) has launched a charger that for the first time allows you to have greater control over your time and not miss all the important moments in your life."
ENERGY STAR(R) certified, the Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger represents a new generation of NiMH (nickel-metal hydride) battery chargers and uses smart technology to help you do more - at work, at play and in life.
This intuitive battery charger sets a new benchmark in innovation and demonstrates Energizer's(R) ongoing commitment to putting your lifestyle needs at the heart of its products. Its innovative features mean that never again will you be left without portable power.
- The easy-to-read Digital Countdown Clock tells you exactly how many hours are left until the batteries are fully charged and ready to go, meaning you no longer have to waste time waiting for your power - putting you back in control and able to do more with your time
- Added to that, the Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger comes with a Digital Fuel Gauge which indicates how full your battery is - so you have a much clearer idea of how long your batteries will last. Perfect for last minute meetings or when you need a quick top-up of power
- The charger is a great investment too. Its built-in Overcharge Protection automatically shuts off the device once the batteries are fully powered, meaning you maximise the number of times you can charge your batteries
- Not only does the charger get the most out of your battery power, but it also has a Battery Indicator which detects if your battery is good or bad, so you know exactly when to buy new ones. Its clever technology can also detect a non-NiMH battery (such as alkaline) and shut of the charging
- The Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger re-fuels two or four AA or AAA batteries at any one time and is suitable for worldwide voltage. It can fully charge four AA or AAA batteries in 6 to 8 hours
The Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger was developed in direct response to consumer research, conducted by Impulse Research amongst parents.
The survey showed that 74 per cent long for a 'fuel gauge' on their battery charger indicating the current level of power in their rechargeable batteries, while 68 per cent want a charger that will let them know how much charging time remains - both key features of the new Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger.
A smart solution to rechargeable power, the Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger answers the demands of today's busy lifestyles. By upgrading to the Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger, you need never worry about unexpectedly running out of power again.
The Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger will be available this autumn from most major European retailers.
For more information on the Energizer(R) Intelligent Charger visit the Energizer(R) website at www.energizer.eu
Energizer Holdings, Inc. [NYSE: ENR], headquartered in St. Louis, Mo., is one of the world's largest manufacturers of primary batteries, portable battery-powered devices and portable flashlights and lanterns. Energizer is a global leader in the dynamic business of providing power solutions with a full portfolio of products including Energizer(R) brand battery products; Energizer(R) Ultra Plus; Energizer(R) High Tech; Energizer(R) Ultimate Lithium; Energizer(R) Advanced Lithium; Rechargeable batteries and charging systems; and portable flashlights and lanterns.
Energizer continues to fulfill its role as a technology innovator by redefining portable power solutions to meet people's active lifestyle needs for today and tomorrow with Energizer(R) Energi To Go(R) chargers for rechargeable portable devices; charging systems for wireless video game controllers; and specialty batteries for hearing aids, health and fitness devices, as well as for keyless remote entry systems, toys and watches. Energizer is redefining where energy, technology and freedom meet to bring to market consumer-focused products that power the essential devices that help people stay connected and on the go at work and at play. Visit www.energizer.eu
Energizer's Personal Care Division offers a diversified range of consumer products in the wet shave, skin care feminine care and infant care categories. The company's portfolio includes well established brand names such as Schick(R) and Wilkinson Sword(R) men's and women's shaving systems and disposable razors; Playtex(R) tampons, gloves and infant feeding products; Banana Boat(R) and Hawaiian Tropic(R) sun care products; and Wet Ones(R) moist wipes.