Press Release Summary:
- Suitable for humid environments and with petroleum or food products that can be heat treated and processed in the same way as 410 steel
- More corrosion resistant than 430, 410, 416, 420, and 440C steel, and harder than 316, 303, 304, 430, 410, and 416 steel
- Applications include medical and surgical applications, food processing equipment, and valves
Original Press Release:
Hartford Technologies’ CorrTech Steel™ a TrimRite® Alternative (UNS42010) for Balls and Rolling Elements
- Leading ball bearing manufacturer Hartford Technologies introduces a new type of steel that can withstand rust and corrosion
- CorrTech Steel can be heat treated and processed the same way as 410 steel
- Applications include medical and surgical applications, food processing equipment, valves, and more
Rocky Hill, CT (August 6, 2020) - Hartford Technologies is proud to introduce CorrTech Steel for balls and rolling elements. CorrTech Steel is incredibly rust and corrosion resistant. In addition, it can be heat treated and processed in the same way as 410 steel.
Testing has shown CorrTech Steel is more corrosion resistant than 430, 410, 416, 420, and 440C steel, and it is harder than 316, 303, 304, 430, 410, and 416 steel. These properties make CorrTech Steel optimal for saltwater application, as well as medical supplies, cutlery, and valves, among other uses. It is also suitable for humid environments and with petroleum or food products.
See below for the chemical composition of CorrTech Steel (UNS42010):
- Carbon: 0.15/0.30%
- Manganese 1.0%
- Phosphorous: 0.04%
- Sulfur: 0.03%
- Silicon 1%
- Nickel: 0.25-1%
- Chromium: 13.5-15%
- Molybdenum: 0.4-1.0%
- Iron: Balance
Hartford Technologies is a world leader in ball bearings and assembly solutions. For more than eight decades, Hartford has provided a cost-effective manufacturing solution for every ball bearing rolling element requirement. Click here to learn more about Hartford Technologies’ CorrTech Steel.
Press Contact: Jordan Greenlee
Email: [email protected]