Press Release Summary:
- Available in PVM-X2400 (24 in.) and PVM-X1800 (18.4 in.’) models that are ideal for on-set monitoring, non-linear video editing, studio wall monitoring, and rack-mount monitoring applications
- Black detail high/mid/low feature helps to maintain accurate color reproduction by reducing the brightness of the backlight to reproduce the correct colors and gradations in low-luminance areas
- Offers Dynamic Contrast Drive function that dynamically changes backlight luminance to adapt to each scene or frame when transferring images from PVM-X2400/X1800 to existing Sony OLED monitor
Original Press Release:
Sony Launches Next-Generation 4K HDR Monitors in TRIMASTER Series
New 24’’ and 18.4’’ PVM-X Series Achieve 100 Percent Color Gamut of the Industry-Leading BVM-HX310 Master Monitor and an All-white Luminance of 1,000 cd/㎡
SAN DIEGO — February 10, 2020 – Sony Electronics today announced U.S. availability of a new set of high-grade 4K HDR monitors from Sony’s TRIMASTER range. The PVM-X2400 (24’’) and the PVM-X1800 (18.4’’) professional 4K HDR monitors—first unveiled and demonstrated at the BSC Expo 2020 in London — set new standards in professional monitor performance.
The monitors provide high picture quality and accurate color reproduction thanks to Sony’s specified and dedicated panels, which offer ultra-high definition with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and an impressive brightness of all-white luminance of 1000 cd/m2. For optimum film production, their wide color gamut matches the industry-leading BVM-HX310 TRIMASTER HX master monitor. This means both monitors offer accurate color reproduction and precise greyscale, giving filmmakers a reliable tool to help make critical imaging decisions and faithful color matching throughout the workflow. With its compact size and high portability, the monitors are aimed to expand footprints in 4K HDR production, including versatile applications such as on-set monitoring, non-linear video editing, studio wall monitoring, and rack-mount monitoring in OB trucks or machine rooms.
The monitors also feature new Black Detail High/Mid/Low, which helps maintain accurate color reproduction by reducing the brightness of the backlight to reproduce the correct colors and gradations in low-luminance areas. Another new function, Dynamic Contrast Drive, dynamically changes backlight luminance to adapt to each scene or frame when transferring images from PVM-X2400/X1800 to existing Sony OLED monitor. This functionality allows filmmakers to check the highlight and low light balance of the contents with both bright and dark scenes.
Key features of the new reference monitors include:
- TRIMASTER technology offering precise greyscale and accurate color reproduction, achieving 100 percent color gamut coverage of the industry-leading BVM-HX310 master monitor
- 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and HDR capabilities
- New Black Detail High/Mid/Low to reproduce the correct colors and gradations in low-luminance areas
- Dynamic contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 by Dynamic Contrast Drive, a new backlight driving system that dynamically changes the backlight luminance to adapt for each frame of a scene
- 4K/HD scopes with HDR scales that are Waveform/Vector
- Quad View display and User 3D LUT functionality
- 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI with auto configuration
The PVM-X2400 and the PVM-X1800 professional 4K HDR monitors will be available in the U.S. starting in July 2020.
About Sony Electronics Inc.
Sony Electronics is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America and an affiliate of Sony Corporation (Japan), one of the most comprehensive entertainment companies in the world, with a portfolio that encompasses electronics, music, motion pictures, mobile, gaming, robotics and financial services. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Sony Electronics is a leader in electronics for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony Electronics creates products that innovate and inspire generations, such as the award-winning Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras and revolutionary high-resolution audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of end-to-end solutions from 4K professional broadcast and A/V equipment to industry leading 4K and 8K Ultra HD TVs. Visit http://www.sony.com/news for more information.