Press Release Summary:
The Telog Ru-35 Recording Telemetry Unit offers real-time remote monitoring and alarm notification of sensors and instruments in stormwater sewer networks and underground water vaults. The Bluetooth connectivity allows user to program the unit without entering the confined space of an underground vault or manhole. It optimizes network engineering planning and design with improved data for model calibration and provides real-time monitoring and alarming of sewer overflows.
Original Press Release:
Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
Robust Battery-Powered IoT Data Recorders with Expanded Interfaces and Battery Life Optimize Remote Monitoring Capabilities
NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) introduced today its next generation Telog® Ru-35 Recording Telemetry Unit (RTU). The Telog Ru-35 provides real-time remote monitoring and alarm notification of instruments and sensors found in the harsh environment of wastewater and stormwater sewer networks and underground water vaults.
The announcement was made at WEFTEC 2018, the world's largest annual water quality technical conference and exhibition.
The Telog Ru-35 is a rugged, battery-powered Internet of Things (IoT) data recorder for smart wastewater and stormwater monitoring applications. Leveraging 4G LTE wireless technology, the Telog Ru-35 provides full situational awareness of wastewater and stormwater system performance. With added Bluetooth connectivity workers can now program the unit without the need for personnel to enter the confined space of an underground vault or manhole.
The Telog Ru-35 integrates with Trimble Unity and Telog software products to deliver a complete solution for providing cities, utilities and first responders with alerts and early warning alarms of developing situations such as overflows and flooding incidents during daily operations, storms and wet weather events. This eases the burden on cities and utilities of planning and responding to events, maintaining regulatory compliance and collecting operational data for engineering planning and design.
"Reinforcing our continued commitment to wastewater customers and partners, the next generation Telog Ru-35 sets a new standard for smart wastewater and stormwater monitoring," said Alain Samaha, general manager, Trimble's Water Division. "Its new and expanded interfaces give utilities more options and greater flexibility for monitoring the performance of their collection system. With the Telog Ru-35, customers can get higher frequency reporting and lengthen their current maintenance schedules while reducing operating costs."
The Telog Ru-35 enables cities and wastewater utilities with their service providers to:
- Improve regulatory compliance and reporting through real time monitoring and alarming of sewer overflows
- Reduce combined and sanitary sewer overflows, inflow and infiltration and better respond to wet weather events
- Optimize network engineering planning and design with improved data for model calibration
- Monitor cross-industry popular open-channel wastewater flow meters, water quality sensors and sondes
- Leverage the full range of Trimble cloud-hosted and on-premise software for operational insight and analysis
Key features of the Telog Ru-35 include:
- Support for all major open-channel flow meters with data integration to a single platform for analysis
- More interfaces and more protocol support (MODBUS, SDI-12 and I2C) to ensure the maximum flexibility for monitoring flow meters, sensors and process instruments required for smart wastewater operations
- Bluetooth connectivity to remove the need for cables and confined space entry when configuring the RTU in the field
- LTE (4G) Category 1 Verizon Wireless modem certified on both Verizon and Sprint networks and replaceable as cellular technologies evolve
- Increased battery capacity ensures that maintenance cycles are increased while offering more options for real-time data transfer
- A new ergonomic, IP68 enclosure, which deploys in underground wastewater and storm sewers and harsh environments, for easy RTU installation
For more information on the Telog Ru-35, visit: https://www.trimblewater.com/telog-ru35.
The Telog RU-35 is available to order now through Trimble Water and its Authorized Dealers with commercial shipments expected to begin on November 1, 2018.
About Trimble's Water Division
Trimble's Water Division focuses on solving key challenges that water, wastewater and stormwater utilities face as their infrastructure ages; flooding, droughts and other environmental issues increase; and customer needs grow. Trimble's solutions combine advanced positioning devices, Internet of Things (IoT) sensors and communication technologies with enterprise, mobile and cloud software and analytics to provide utilities with a digital view and analysis of their networks. The solutions enable utilities to assess, monitor, inspect and manage their network in real-time—saving costs, reducing water loss, enhancing asset performance while improving regulatory compliance and customer service. For more information about Trimble's Water solutions, visit: www.TrimbleWater.com.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB), visit: www.trimble.com.
CONTACT: Lea Ann McNabb, +1 408-481-7808, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.trimble.com