Press Release Summary:
- Offers connection checker that provides clear diagnostics and reports about the connection status and performance between Ewon-connected machines in a factory and the Talk2M remote access cloud service
- Features eCatcher Remote Access software to identify IP address conflicts, offering auto-healing internet connectivity issues in the field
- Enables easier and secure remote machine configuration, installation and connectivity
Original Press Release:
Talk2M Easy Setup Makes Machine Connectivity Easier Than Easy
HMS Networks today announces a new set of features in the Talk2M®Easy Setup framework for Ewon® products, targeting to make secure remote machine access connectivity even easier for machine builders and end users.
Earlier in 2019, HMS Networks released Talk2M Easy Setup for the Ewon Cosy and Flexy products. Users will now benefit from even easier and secure remote machine configuration, installation and connectivity thanks to new features and enhancements in updated versions of two key software components in the Talk2M Easy Setup framework:
- The new version of Connection Checker provides clear diagnostics and reports about the connection status and performance between Ewon-connected machines in a factory and the Talk2M remote access cloud service. Users are notified whether a successful connection has been established or not, and any connectivity issue can be instantly located. Users also benefit from detailed information about which parameters need to be changed to solve the connectivity problem.
- The eCatcher Remote Access software has been updated to identify IP address conflicts, offering auto-healing capabilities which have been developed by HMS based upon common internet connectivity issues in the field. In addition, eCatcher now also includes a new security feature which enables users to encrypt Talk2M Easy Setup configuration files including e.g. internet connectivity settings.
“We want to make working life easier for our customers, and with the new features in Talk2M Easy Setup we definitely achieve this objective”, says Marie-Luce Bodineau, Head of Ewon product management at HMS Networks. “Factory networking and internet connectivity are getting more and more complex, and we estimate that about 70% of remote access support cases relate to Internet connectivity issues. In this context, the updated Talk2M Easy Setup tools will be key for our, offering an easy and secure path to achieve successful remote configuration and connectivity in an easy way without the need for IT-skills.”
For more information, visit www.ewon.biz and the knowledge base articles at www.ewon.biz/support.
About HMS Networks
HMS Networks is the leading independent supplier of solutions for industrial communication and the Industrial Internet of Things. HMS develops and manufactures products under the Anybus®, Ixxat® and Ewon® brands. Communication solutions for building automation are offered through the subsidiary Intesis. Development and manufacturing take place at the headquarters in Halmstad, and in Ravensburg, Nivelles, Igualada and Wetzlar. Local sales and support are handled by branch offices in Germany, USA, Japan, China, Singapore, Italy, France, Switzerland, Spain, India, UK, Sweden, Finland, South Korea and UAE, as well as through a worldwide network of distributors and partners. HMS employs over 600 people and reported sales of SEK 1,366 million in 2018. HMS is listed on the NASDAQ OMX in Stockholm, category Mid Cap, Information Technology.
HMS Industrial Networks Inc
35 E. Wacker Dr, Suite 1700
Chicago , IL 60601
Phone : 13128290601
Fax : 13126292869
HMS Industrial Networks
Stationsgatan 37, Box 4126
300 04 Halmstad, Sweden
Phone : +4635172914
Fax : -