Press Release Summary:
- CTX SMT series offers frequency rating of DC to 67 GHz with optimized return loss
- Patented layout provides substantial power handling in a small, lightweight package, up to 1 Watt CW of input power
- Ideal to support RF and microwave applications in defence, space, aerospace and 5G broadband demanding market segments
Original Press Release:
High Frequency Surface Mount Chip Terminations Offer Excellent Broadband Performance
Smiths Interconnect's new CTX SMT provides wide coverage and optimized return loss.
London (PRWeb) August 19, 2020 -- Smiths Interconnect, a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products announced today the release of its new CTX SMT series of high frequency surface mount chip terminations.
The new CTX SMT Series is designed to offer excellent broadband performance up to 67GHz, allowing for wider coverage than traditional components and providing optimized return loss across the frequency band. Its patented layout provides substantial power handling in a small, lightweight package, up to 1 Watt CW of input power, thanks to its thermal paths.
“Higher frequency, reduced footprint by as much as 4 times, patented layout, and the capability to produce in high volumes make our new terminations a unique offering in the marketplace,” says Paul Harris, VP of Sales and Marketing.
Several qualification tests have been completed to ensure long term reliability in critical applications, including thermal shock, burn, RF over temperature, low temperature operation, high temperature exposure, peak power, and solder mount integrity. The results have confirmed that CTX SMT design and RF performance are ideal to support RF and microwave applications in Defence, Space, Aerospace and 5G broadband demanding market segments.
The new CTX SMT series is a compact unique solution covering multiple applications and offering:
- VSWR performance 1.25:1 Typical (1.50:1 Maximum)
- Frequency rating DC to 67 GHz with optimized Return Loss
- Qualification testing per MIL-PRF-55342
- Power rating up to 1 Watts CW in a small 0603 package
- Total thin film technology offering tighter mechanical tolerances for better control of the RF performance.
- Environmentally-friendly materials compliant to RoHS standards
- High volume production capability supporting customers’ quick ramp up program needs
About Smiths Interconnect
Smiths Interconnect is a leading provider of technically differentiated electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical applications in the commercial aviation, defense, space, medical, rail, semiconductor test, and industrial market segments. Smiths Interconnect is synonymous with exceptional performance whenever a technologically advanced, high quality solution is required to ensure reliability and safety.
Smiths Interconnect is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications and engineered components. Smiths Group employs approximately 22,000 people in more than 50 countries.
+39 010 6036300