Press Release Summary:
The SurePress L-6034VW Label Press delivers three print speed modes from 49 fpm to 162 fpm and delivers productivity of 162 ft/minute. The unit supports rolls from 3.15 to 13 in. wide up to 0.013 thick. The PrecisonCore® linehead of the press uses Nozzle Verification Technology that automatically manages inkjet nozzles. It uses LED UV ink that enhances productivity and offers resistance to weather, scratch, chemical and water.
Original Press Release:
Epson Announces SurePress L-6534VW Digital Label Press
Newest SurePress Model Delivers Three Print Speed Modes from 49 Feet per Minute to 162 Feet Per Minute
CHICAGO (Labelexpo, Epson Booth #5813) – Sept. 25, 2018 – Epson today announced the Epson SurePress® L-6534VW digital label press. Joining the SurePress L-6034VW in the UV digital label press line, the SurePress L-6534VW will offer three print speed modes from 49 feet per minute to 162 feet per minute (fpm). Epson will be demonstrating the new SurePress L-6534VW, as well as the SurePress L-6034VW and L-4533AW and workflow automation solutions with Wasatch RIP, at Labelexpo Americas in Chicago from Sept. 25-27 at Epson’s booth #5813.
“The SurePress L-6034VW set a higher standard for UV print quality,” said Mike Pruitt, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “Today we take our solution one step further by expanding the line to deliver faster print speeds compared to the previous generation; allowing prime label and packaging converters to fulfill demanding and varying portfolios more quickly – ultimately optimizing productivity and efficiency.”
Designed for label converters investing in a digital label press for the first time or looking to expand production facilities with a reliable, easy-to-use press, the SurePress L-6534VW delivers three print speed modes to meet a range of converter needs:
- High density white: 49 ft./minute
- Standard: 98 ft./minute
- Productivity: 162 ft./minute
More about the SurePress L-6534VW
The SurePress L-6534W digital LED UV inkjet press can produce high-quality, durable labels and integrates all of the functions required for label production, including a Corona Treater, White ink, digital varnish, and an additional UV curing unit. The print heads, inks, LED pinning and curing lamp units, media feeding, and control system are all developed and manufactured by Epson. Additional features include:
- PrecisionCore® Linehead: Enables high-speed, single-pass printing to deliver amazing output quality and durability; digital monitoring system maintains high productivity using Nozzle Verification Technology to automatically manage inkjet nozzles
- Digital Varnish: Gloss or matte finish can be selected for the overall label, and appealing partial accents can be added using glossy or matte spot varnish
- Substrate Feed: Center drum system feeds the substrate with incredible precision designed to achieve high accuracy color registration and reduce the heat expansion or shrinkage of the substrate, enabling various types of off-the-shelf standard flexographic substrates to be used
- LED UV Ink: Quick-drying UV ink helps enhance productivity and offers excellent weather, scratch, chemical, and water resistance; LED light source saves space and offers a lower energy use, enabling printing on heat-sensitive substrates
- White Ink: In White ink printing, Surface White Print and Reverse-White Print are available to extend the range of expression on clear and metalized films
- Variable Web Width: Supports rolls from 3.15 to 13-inches wide up to 0.013-inches (0.32 mm) thick
- Enhanced Productivity: Linehead maintenance is done automatically during the shift, and manual cleaning is limited to a short interval after the shift
The SurePress L-6534VW, and a conversion kit for the existing SurePress L-6034VW, will be available in summer 2019. For additional information or to request a demo, visit www.epson.com/surepress. For SurePress inquiries in North America, contact:
- Western Region – Mark Elsbernd, 818-620-2730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastern Region or Canada – Roy Pagan, 704-560-0049 or email@example.com
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, watches and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 76,000 employees in 87 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).