Press Release Summary:
- Compliant with COM Express Type 7 specification and can be compatible with the PCIe Gen 4 protocol
- Can support up to 16 giga transmission per second (GT/s)
- Improved signal integrity supported by low insertion loss, return loss, PSNEXT and PSFEXT
Original Press Release:
TE Connectivity's New Board-To-Board Stacking Connectors Offer an Economic Way to Upgrade COM Express Applications to 16 GT/s Speeds
Provide high-speed, parallel board-to-board connections with excellent signal integrity
HARRISBURG, Pa., Jan. 28, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in innovative connectivity solutions for high-speed computing and networking applications, introduces a new generation of free height computer-on-module (COM) connectors in 0.5mm centerline to address vertical, parallel board-to-board connections that require high-speed data transmission and different stacking heights. These new connectors are compliant with the COM Express Type 7 specification and can be compatible with the PCIe Gen 4 protocol.
Designed for higher speed and optimal system performance
- Can support up to 16 giga transmission per second (GT/s), doubling the performance of most previous COM connector generations.
- Improved signal integrity supported by low insertion loss, return loss, PSNEXT and PSFEXT, whether using both new receptacles and plugs or mating new receptacles with older plugs.
Connect next-generation CPUs to carrier boards in flexible, economic way
- Support system design flexibility with configuration options in stacking height (5mm, 8mm) and pin positions (220, 440).
- Can be an economic upgrade solution by keeping the same footprint as other COM standard interconnects. There is commonly no need for customers to change printed circuit board (PCB) footprints when upgrading applications.
- Improved mechanical design can reduce mating and unmating force by about 30% compared to previous generations, allowing for easier operation.
"When speed and performance are of the utmost importance, our new 0.5mm free height stacking COM connectors can be counted on to connect CPUs to carrier boards in a broad range of applications, including health care devices, industrial machinery, test & measurement and telecommunication equipment," said Sam Chen, product manager at TE Connectivity's Data and Devices business unit. "We're proud to provide our customers with a flexible and economic option to help enable them to reach the demanding data speeds required in today's markets."
To learn more about TE's free height stacking COM connectors, visit the stacking connectors landing page.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a $12 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE Connectivity, TE, TE connectivity (logo), and EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS are trademarks owned or licensed by the TE Connectivity Ltd. family of companies. Other product and/or company names might be trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Media Relations, Lauren Way, TE Connectivity, +1 717-265-3394, email@example.com