Press Release Summary:
- Platform of electrolytic membranes are safe, high-performance and mechanically-strong polymer electrolyte
- Includes high-thermal stability and non-toxic components
- Enables the development of non-flammable, chemically-inert and safe batteries
Original Press Release:
Sidhu Laboratories Develops 100% Solid State, High-Performance Polymer Electrolytes for Next-Generation Advanced Batteries
Bordentown, New Jersey. April 23, 2019…Sidhu Laboratories, a new start-up technology company focused on developing advanced energy storage systems, introduces a class of 100% solid-state, high-performance polymer electrolytic membranes called SiLyte™ that offer numerous advantages over standard liquid electrolytes used in traditional batteries.
Void of any ionic liquids, low-boiling point solvents or low-viscous oils and gels, the SiLyte™ platform of electrolytic membranes are safe, high-performance and mechanically-strong polymer electrolytes that promise to revolutionize lithium-ion batteries known to explode when overheated or overcharged. Li-ion batteries also are expensive to manufacture, sensitive to temperature and become unusable if the voltage falls below a certain level.
“Our energy storage technology serves as the basis for higher energy/power density, more economical and safer cell designs,” notes Manveer Sidhu, President, Sidhu Laboratories who serves as founder, materials scientist and principal researcher. “SiLyte™ represents a scientific breakthrough that moves the concept of solid-state batteries from the laboratory to real-world applications – now and not in a decade.”
Among SiLyte’s superior characteristics:
- enables the development of non-flammable, chemically-inert and safe batteries.
- High-thermal stability
- Non-toxic components
- No outgassing of hazardous chemicals at high temperatures and nonflammable
- outlasts conventional storage systems.
- Room temperature ionic conductivity up to 1.4 mS/cm
- Lithium-ion transference number of 0.60
- Electrochemically stable up to 5 volts
Superior Mechanical Strength and Secure:
- unlike traditional batteries with rigid packaging
- High elastic modulus
- Nanofiber-reinforced component structure
- Flexible and resistant to deformation upon bending
- enables construction of unique battery designs.
- Roll-to-roll processable
- Easily scalable into a variety of shapes
- Soluble in acetonitrile and NMP
- lowers manufacturing and shipping costs
- Low materials cost
- No sophisticated synthesis requirements
Sidhu Labs is developing a platform of electrolytes designed to fit the requirements of different applications such as electric vehicles, portable electronics, high-temperature environments and micro-grid energy storage. For example, a specialized electrolyte resistant against partial melting is ideal for applications where temperatures exceed 60◦C.
“Sidhu Labs is meeting the needs for more efficient and power energy storage materials and devices to develop longer-lasting and safer portable electronics and more efficient electric vehicles,” explains Manveer who worked on an EMBATT Bipolar battery project at Fraunhofer Institutes for Ceramic Technologies and Systems in Germany. “Our goal is becoming an integral part of the battery market through the development of disruptive energy storage solutions.”
The SiLyte 1.0 line is now available for commercial use. Sidhu Lab is using the electrolyte platform to develop a 3.2V pouch cell capable of exceeding 4,000 cycles for release later this year. Future plans include the fabrication of large battery systems (up to 1 x 0.3 meters) for longer-lasting electric vehicle performance.
For more information on Sidhu Laboratories, visit the website at www.sidhulabs.com. Or contact Karmjit Sidhu to discuss the technology, battery solutions and company investment opportunities at Karmjit@sidhuLabs.com or 973-615-0379.
About Sidhu Laboratories
Sidhu Laboratories focuses on the research, development and commercialization of 100% solid-state batteries and other energy storage components to address the unmet portable energy needs of the world. Our advanced energy storage solutions are based on next-generation materials and synthesis strategies. The SiLyte™ series are a class of 100% solid-state, high-performance polymer electrolytic membranes, that offer safer, higher energy and lower cost alternatives to lithium-batteries used in various global industries. For more information, visit www.sidhulabs.com.
Jean Carl, email@example.com
Karmjit Sidhu, Karmjit@sidhuLabs.com