Press Release Summary:
- RGD3202W is offered with 4K UHD resolution for displaying highly detailed rugged applications
- RGD2802 ideal for military and mobile air traffic control centers for displaying radar and high-resolution visual data
- RGD2102W is available with optional NVIS support for environments using night vision equipment
Original Press Release:
EIZO Expands its Line of COTS Rugged Monitors with Three Customizable Models That Comply with MIL Standards
- Talon rugged LCD monitors are available in up to 32-inches and 4K UHD for displaying highly detailed rugged applications such as those used in naval, mission control, and special forces operations.
- The monitors are designed to custom specifications with ruggedized features such as sunlight readability (optional), water resistance with IP65 (front), NVIS support, and more.
Altamonte Springs, Florida, March 17, 2021 – EIZO Rugged Solutions Inc., a provider of ruggedized graphics and video products, has released three rugged LCD monitors to join its current line-up – Talon RGD3202W (32-inch), RGD2802 (28-inch), and RGD2102W (21.5-inch).
The Talon series of COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) rugged LCD monitors offers a range of sizes, screen resolutions, and feature sets for displaying highly detailed rugged applications such as those used in naval display systems, target tracking, mission/ground control centers, and airborne ISR operations. They are ready to be deployed in extreme environments with ruggedized features such as sunlight readability (optional), water resistance with IP65 (front), built-in heaters (optional), and conformal coating to protect components. They are tested for vibration, shock, altitude, and extreme temperatures to comply with MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-461.
The RGD3202W is a 32-inch model with 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution for displaying highly detailed rugged applications in full across a spacious screen. It also supports simultaneous display from more than one input so multiple applications can be viewed on a single screen, providing operators with a centralized view of important information.
The RGD2802 is a 28-inch square model with 2K x 2K (2084 x 2084) resolution. It is ideal for military and mobile air traffic control centers for displaying radar and other high-resolution visual data. The square format and customizable housing allow it to be easily adapted to existing consoles.
The RGD2102W is a 21.5-inch, Full HD (1920 x 1080) model with optional NVIS (Night Vision Imaging System) support for environments using night vision equipment. EIZO carries out the production process for NVIS support in-house, including the measurement and adjustment of NVIS display characteristics for every unit, and complies with MIL-STD-3009. NVIS support is also available as an option for other Talon rugged monitors.
Talon monitors are custom made to fit specific requirements to help customers fulfill their project goals – LED backlight customization, projected capacitive (PCAP) and analog resistive touchscreen options, custom housing, interfaces, image enhancement technology, optical bonding, increased temperature endurance, and more are tailored to suit each rugged environment and application.
Every Talon rugged monitor is designed, manufactured, and tested in-house by expert engineers at EIZO’s own facilities. This includes the monitor’s main controller board and other circuitry, LCD unit, optical bonding, housing, and more. This allows EIZO to control the production process from development onward to ensure quality, minimize delivery lead time, and provide extended lifecycle support.
- Range of customizable interfaces including 3G-SDI, DisplayPort, D-Sub, DVI, HDMI, RGB, USB, and serial communication
- Conformal coating of the PCB (printed circuit board) to protect components in harsh environments
- Optional sunlight readability (high brightness)
- Optional heater for protection against low temperatures
- Optional image enhancement technology (defog/dark area compensation)
For more information about the Talon monitors or any other product from EIZO Rugged Solutions, please visit www.eizorugged.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (407) 262-7100.
EIZO Rugged Solutions
Phone: +1 (407) 262-7100