Press Release Summary:
- Provides high torque, great accuracy and repeatability
- Control modes include torque, velocity and position control, CSP, CSV, CST
- Communicates via CANopen, and only requires 4 conductors: CANH, CANL, +24VDC, 0VDC
Original Press Release:
New Actuator with Integrated Servo Drive from Harmonic Drive
Beverly, MA, April 30, 2021--- Harmonic Drive LLC, the leader in high precision motion control adds a new compact actuator with an integrated servo drive to its product portfolio. The RSA-8 with an integrated drive does not require a separate external servo drive which greatly simplifies cabling and reduces cabinet space requirements.
Featuring a CSF-1U-CC compact, zero-backlash gearhead, the RSA-8A integrated actuator provides high torque, exceptional accuracy and repeatability. The compact shape and low mass make it ideal for use in robotics. The RSA-IDT Actuator fits between the latest products released, RSF-IDT and FHA-IDT actuators, both in terms of size and specifications. This new actuator perfectly augments Harmonic Drive’s growing line of integrated actuators. Like all of the Integrated Actuators from Harmonic Drive LLC, it communicates via CANopen, and only requires 4 conductors: CANH, CANL, +24VDC, 0VDC. A singleturn 14bit (16384 cpr) gear output sensing encoder has been integrated.
- Actuator + Integrated Servo Drive utilizing CANopen communication conforming to DS402 and DS301
- 24VDC Nominal +7 to 30VDC Supply Voltage Range
- Single Axis BLDC Motor Controller/Driver with CAN & TTL-UART Interface
- Field Oriented Control
- Single Cable with only 4 conductors needed: CANH, CANL, +24VDC, 0VDC
- Zero Backlash
- Shaft or Flange output available
- Pigtail Connectors with 4 exit options
- 14bit (16384 cpr) resolution motor encoder
- Control Modes Including Torque, Velocity, and Position Control, CSP, CSV, CST
- Harmonic Drive HDL Software for initial tuning, commissioning, and analysis
- Homing modes include: single-ended, double-ended, double-ended with 16bit autoscale hardstop homing or teachable position
The RSA-8A-IDT Miniature actuator with an integrated servo drive is one of the latest products developed by our USAbased engineering group at Harmonic Drive LLC in Massachusetts. The RSA joins the recently released family of FHA-Mini integrated actuators.
About Harmonic Drive LLC
Harmonic Drive, LLC engineers and manufactures precision servo actuators, gearheads and gear component sets. We work closely with academia, Fortune 500 and companies of all sizes to understand their application requirements and provide a standard or, in most cases, a custom-engineered solution to enable the success of their design project. The majority of the products sold by Harmonic Drive LLC are proudly made at our manufacturing facility in Massachusetts. The Harmonic Drive Group Companies are comprised of Harmonic Drive, LLC (United States), Harmonic Drive Systems, Inc. (Japan) and Harmonic Drive SE (Germany). We have shared core values, product designs and quality standards. State of the art manufacturing facilities in the US, Japan and Germany enables us to locally serve the needs of our global customers providing both custom-engineered solutions and standard products.
With over 50 years of experience, our expert engineering and production teams develop enabling technologies and products to meet the needs of an evolving motion control market. We are very proud of our outstanding company history. Our high-precision, zero-backlash Harmonic Drive® gears and Harmonic Planetary® gears have, and continue to play critical roles in robotics, spaceflight applications, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, factory automation equipment, medical diagnostics and surgical robotics. More information can be found by visiting the company’s website at www.harmonicdrive.net
Harmonic Drive is a registered trademark of Harmonic Drive Systems. CANopen is a registered trademark of CAN in Automation
Harmonic Drive LLC Contact: