Press Release Summary:
- Provides robust overcurrent and overvoltage protection on the signal lines for both the lithium ion battery pack ICs and fuel gauge
- Available in the small 0201 surface-mount size and ideal for increasingly small mobile and wearable product designs
- PPTCs are for high voltage 13 VDC applications
Original Press Release:
Smallest Littelfuse PPTCs Protect Portable Devices from Overcurrent, Overtemperature Conditions
Space-saving, surface-mount footprint enables designers to reduce the size of mobile, wearable devices
Chicago, Aug 4, 2020 — Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS) a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing, today announced a new series of PPTCs designed to help make the next generation of today’s most-used consumer electronics smaller and more reliable. The PolySwitch® zeptoSMDC series provides robust overcurrent and overvoltage protection on the signal lines for both the lithium ion battery pack ICs and fuel gauge. These PPTCs are for high voltage (13 VDC) applications. Available in the small 0201 surface-mount size, they are ideal for increasingly smaller mobile and wearable product designs.
Part of the Littelfuse PolySwitch family of resettable overcurrent protection devices, the new series is best suited for the following consumer electronics applications:
- Notebook PCs, tablets, and e-Readers
- Wearables (smartwatches, fitness trackers)
- Wireless speakers
- Portable game players
- Portable medical equipment
- Mobile point-of-sale (POS) devices
“The zeptoSMDC is smaller than any currently available components in its class,” said Jin Xu, Product Manager at Littelfuse. “This enables electronics designers to more easily reduce the overall size of their portable, mobile, and wearable products while providing exceptional protection for the battery fuel gauge and battery management IC.”
The zeptoSMDC series PPTC offers these key benefits:
- Saves PCB space due to small 0201 size footprint.
- Helps protect battery monitor IC from electrical over-stress.
- Resets to normal operation after fault is cleared.
The zeptoSMDC series PPTC are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 15,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Littelfuse (NASDAQ: LFUS) is a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing. Serving over 100,000 end customers, our products are found in automotive and commercial vehicles, industrial applications, data and telecommunications, medical devices, consumer electronics, and appliances. Our 11,000 worldwide associates partner with customers to design, manufacture and deliver innovative, high-quality solutions, for a safer, greener, and increasingly connected world — everywhere, every day. Learn more at Littelfuse.com.
Global Marketing Communications Manager
Electronics Business Unit, Littelfuse, Inc.