Press Release Summary:
The new MAX22445 5kVRMS Reinforced Digital Isolator from Maxim Integrated Products features reinforced, dual insulation barrier isolation for digital signal fidelity. The digital isolator has a power consumption of 0.41mA per channel current consumption and 0.74mW power consumption at 1Mbps with VDD at 1.8V. The IC transfers signals of up to 200Mbps and a maximum propagation delay of 10.5ns. A 16-pin wide-body SOIC package with 8mm of creepage and clearance is available.
Original Press Release:
Maxim's 5kVRMS Reinforced Digital Isolator: 2x More Throughput at 4x Lower Power
MAX22445 enables safe, high-throughput and compact industrial automation systems
SAN JOSE, Calif., Aug. 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- To better protect industrial systems from the dangers of high-voltage signals, equipment designers can now turn to the new robust and reliable MAX22445 5kVRMS four-channel reinforced digital isolator from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM). Delivering up to 2x greater throughput at 4x lower power consumption versus competing solutions, the MAX22445 provides reliable communication across the isolation barrier to ensure safe operation of compact industrial, medical and other equipment.
- Details about MAX22445: www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX22445
- Hi-res image: http://bit.ly/Image_MAX22445
- Block diagram: http://bit.ly/MAX22445_Block_Diagram
In high-voltage equipment, digital isolators provide signal isolation and level-shifting for proper operation of many circuits, while also protecting users from dangers such as electric shock. Yet, not all of these isolators are alike as many consume a large amount of power, generate significant heat and introduce large propagation delays, limiting system reliability and throughput.
Overcoming the shortcomings of other digital isolators, the MAX22445 delivers reinforced, dual insulation barrier isolation for fast digital signals. The IC, which mitigates the dangers of high-voltage power, transfers signals of up to 200Mbps with significantly less power than competitive solutions. It is available in a 16-pin wide-body SOIC package with 8mm of creepage and clearance.
- Low Power: 0.41mA per channel current consumption and 0.74mW power consumption at 1Mbps with VDD at 1.8V. The IC has 4x lower power consumption compared to competing solutions while also reducing heat generation and enabling reliable and compact designs.
- High Speed: Maximum propagation delay of 10.5ns and maximum data rate of 200Mbps enable fast and accurate data acquisition and high-speed interfaces with wide timing margins. The IC delivers up to 2x greater throughput versus other available solutions.
- Robust and Reliable: Dual barriers of isolation provide 5kVRMSand 10kV surge for reliable performance over a long product lifetime and meet the safety standards required for operator protection.
- "The MAX22445 eliminates the tradeoffs between isolation reliability, dynamic performance and power consumption," said Jeff DeAngelis, managing director, Industrial & Healthcare Business Unit at Maxim Integrated. "Engineers can now develop safe, high-throughput, compact factory automation systems."
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX22445 is available at Maxim's website for $3.49 (1000-up, FOB USA); also available from select authorized distributors
- The MAX22445FWEVKIT# evaluation kit is available for $32(FOB USA)
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world. Learn more at https://www.maximintegrated.com.