Press Release Summary:
- Features double-row ball bearings for greater load capacity in both radial and axial directions
- Can compensate for misalignment errors on two planes: axial up to 3.5 mm. and radial up to ±1.3°
- Designed for demanding applications such as those involving higher loads, high speeds, fast accelerations or harsh, dirty operating environments
Original Press Release:
New Rollon Linear Guide Handles Higher Loads, Solves Misalignment
Rollon has introduced its Compact Rail Plus — part of its new generation of high-performance linear guides. This rugged unit features a new design to handle higher loads while maintaining the the Compact Rail product family's self-aligning capabilities.
Compact Rail Plus is designed for demanding applications such as those involving higher loads, high speeds, fast accelerations or harsh, dirty operating environments. Its design features double-row ball bearings for greater load capacity in both radial and axial directions, new rails with convex raceways for added rigidity and steel sliders with longitudinal seals to protect internal components from dirt and contaminants. Induction-hardened raceways in select models ensure quiet operation and a long lifetime, and different surface treatments are available to resist corrosion.
Like its Compact Rail counterparts, this compliant guide can align itself to less-than-perfect mounting surfaces. Available with a choice of four different sliders, Compact Rail Plus allows two rails to be combined with different sliders to create a self-aligning system that can compensate for misalignment errors on two planes: axial up to 3.5 millimeters and radial up to ±1.3 degrees. Taken together, Compact Rail Plus’ features and capabilities will allow users to:
- Choose the best structure according to their accuracy requirements.
- Easily mount the linear guide on non-machined structures.
- Reduce total assembly time.
- Deploy the guide in harsh environments.
In addition to high load and self-alignment capabilities, Compact Rail Plus also offers:
- A C-profile that contains the sliders and the rolling elements, keeping dimensions compact.
- Adjustable preload.
- Nitrided, black oxidated and polished raceways.
Compact Rail Plus is well-suited for a broad range of applications such as cutting machines, medical technology, packaging machines, photographic lighting equipment, construction and medical technology, robots and many other automated machines and equipment.
For more information visit www.rolloncorp.com
Rollon is a manufacturer of linear motion systems, telescopic guides, linear actuators, gantry systems and Cartesian robots. Rollon has a dedicated engineering staff located throughout the USA and Canada and servicing all North and South America. Our engineers are experienced in applications across a variety of industries including industrial automation, machine tools and robotics, plant assembly, packaging machinery design, semiconductor, medical and pharmaceutical plus other capital equipment such as construction and specialty vehicles, aircraft, and passenger trains. Rollon has the capability to create engineered solutions and custom products for OEM’s and machine builders everywhere to solve unique and difficult applications.
T2 Marketing and Communications
18 Cattano Avenue, Unit 3C
Morristown, NJ 07960
Phone: 973 206 3090 x 201