Press Release Summary:
- Allows detection of small signals close to the noise level, common in radiated emissions measurements
- Delivers TDS and accelerated TDS capabilities to meet dwell measurement requirements while reducing receiver scan and test time from multiple hours to seconds
- Complies with CISPR 16-1-1:2015 and MIL-STD-461G (2015), ensuring devices comply with worldwide and regional standards
Original Press Release:
Keysight Technologies Announces New Time Domain and Real Time Scan Capabilities in EMI Receiver Solution
Enables faster electromagnetic compliance certification
Santa Rose, Calif., April 08, 2019 -- Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS), a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world, announced the addition of Time Domain Scan (TDS) and Real Time Scan (RTS) capabilities to the Keysight N9048B PXE Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) receiverand enables real time measurements and diagnostics for faster electromagnetic compliance (EMC) certification.
EMC testing requires detailed and exacting methodologies to ensure that all emissions are accurately measured. Long test times impact test facility availability and reduce the number of devices that can be certified. It's also easy to miss intermittent disturbance signals with conventional scan mode since long dwell time is required at each frequency. Keysight's new TDS and RTS capabilities in the N9048B PXE EMI receiver enable independent compliance test laboratories, as well as in-house self-certification labs, to shorten overall test time and easily perform gapless signal capture and analysis, certifying that a product meets regulatory compliance standards.
"The introduction of Keysight's new scan capabilities simplifies and exponentially reduces the time needed for test efforts of global EMC test labs," said Joe Rickert, vice president and general manager of high frequency measurement R&D for Keysight's communications solutions group. "With guaranteed compliance to the EMC standards, leading performance, and EMC focused application software, certification labs can confidently handle any new product that requires compliance testing – in a fraction of the time versus other solutions."
The N9048B PXE EMI receiver, with three frequency ranges up to 26.5 GHz, delivers:
- Industry leading sensitivity performance which allows detection of small signals close to the noise level, common in radiated emissions measurements
- Full compliance with CISPR 16-1-1:2015 and MIL-STD-461G (2015), ensuring devices comply with worldwide and regional standards
- TDS and accelerated TDS capabilities to meet dwell measurement requirements while reducing receiver scan and test time from multiple hours to seconds
- Full signal visibility, where the RTS provides gapless signal capture and analysis in up to 350 MHz bandwidth and simultaneously displays the frequency domain, time domain and spectrogram, with three EMC detectors
About Keysight Technologies
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) is a leading technology company that helps enterprises, service providers and governments accelerate innovation to connect and secure the world. Keysight's solutions optimize networks and bring electronic products to market faster and at a lower cost with offerings from design simulation, to prototype validation, to manufacturing test, to optimization in networks and cloud environments. Customers span the worldwide communications ecosystem, aerospace and defense, automotive, energy, semiconductor and general electronics end markets. Keysight generated revenues of $3.9B in fiscal year 2018. More information is available at www.keysight.com.
Geri Lynne LaCombe, Americas/Europe
+1 303 662 4748
Fusako Dohi, Asia
+81 42 660-2162