Press Release Summary:
- Made from 1215 lead-free steel with a black oxide finish, 2024 aluminum with an anodized finish and stainless steel hardware
- Bore sizes range from 1/4 inch to 3 inches or 3 mm to 75 mm
- Help designers work with inch or metric bore shaft collars that share a single set of dimensions and hardware
Original Press Release:
Ruland Expands Range of International Series Shaft Collars
Marlborough, MA, April 2021. Ruland has expanded its range of International Series shaft collars to include quick clamping with clamping lever, mountable with or without quick clamping lever, and anodized aluminum bodies with stainless steel hardware. The International Series is an application solution series that lets designers work with inch or metric bore shaft collars that share a single set of dimensions and hardware. This standardization makes it easier to specify shaft collars in different parts of the machine as the envelope will be the same and the use of metric hardware reduces the installation tool variability needed to assemble components in the machine.
Quick clamping shaft collars with clamping lever have a lever designed to replace standard hardware in Ruland International Series shaft collars, allowing the user to have a one- or two-piece collar that can be easily installed, repositioned, or removed without the use of tools.
Mountable shaft collars have flats and holes in the outer diameter of the shaft collar. This feature is desired for mounting components such as a sensor, bracket or base plate to the collar. They can also be used to mount collars together, allowing shafts to be positioned in any orientation and at any angle relative to each other. Designers specifying mountable shaft collars have the flexibility to use standard hardware for fixed installations or quick clamping with clamping lever for fast change outs or adjustments.
The last new product in the International Series is aluminum body shaft collars with stainless hardware. Ruland uses an anodized finish on the 2024 aluminum shaft collar combined with 18-8 stainless steel hardware for increased corrosion resistance when compared to unplated aluminum versions, and at a reduced cost when compared to 303 stainless options. They are well suited to food processing environments where high temperature wash down and caustic chemicals are not directly applied to the collar.
International Series shaft collars are manufactured by Ruland in one- and two-piece clamping style. Clamp style shaft collars wrap evenly around the shaft, allowing for even distribution of clamping forces. They have high holding power, a precise fit, are infinitely adjustable, and do not mar the shaft, making them a superior choice to set screw style. Two-piece shaft collars have the added advantage of in-place servicing and increased holding power. Ruland mates the halves of two-piece shaft collars throughout the manufacturing process to ensure a precise fit, high holding power, and proper alignment. Clamp style shaft collars from Ruland have tightly controlled face to bore perpendicularity (TIR ≤ .002 inch / .05 mm) which is critical when the collar is used as a load bearing face, stop, or for component alignment.
Ruland makes International Series shaft collars from 1215 lead-free steel with a black oxide finish, 2024 aluminum with an anodized finish and stainless steel hardware, engineered plastic, 303 and 316 stainless steel, and grade 5 titanium. Bore sizes range from 1/4 inch to 3 inches or 3 mm to 75 mm. They are manufactured in Ruland’s factory in Marlborough, Massachusetts, under strict controls using proprietary processes. Full product specifications, CAD models, technical articles, and installation videos can be found on Ruland.com.
- Expanded range of International Series shaft collars better allows designers to tailor collar features and performance to system needs
- Quick clamping shaft collar with clamping lever for rapid changeouts and adjustments without tools
- Mountable shaft collars with outer diameter flats and holes make it easy to mount sensors or stack shaft collars together when shafts are perpendicular to each other
- Anodized aluminum shaft collars with stainless steel hardware offer better corrosion resistance than traditional unplated aluminum collars
- Common dimensions and hardware allow for an inch or metric bore to be specified, standardizing design of the collar throughout the machine and for simplified installation
- RoHS3 and REACH compliant
- Carefully made in Ruland’s Marlborough, Massachusetts factory and available for immediate delivery
Ruland Manufacturing Co., Inc. is a privately owned family company founded in 1937. Ruland has carefully and responsibly manufactured high performing shaft collars, rigid couplings, and motion control couplings for the past 40 years. Ruland’s product line was recently expanded to include a variety of machine components from select manufacturers that align with Ruland’s performance and quality standards.
Ruland Manufacturing Co., Inc.
6 Hayes Memorial Drive
Marlborough, MA 01752, USA
Phone +1 508 485 1000
Fax +1 508 485 9000
PO Box 11 40
82133 Olching, Germany
Phone +49 8142 44 82 301