Press Release Summary:
- TSM14POE offers complete motion control solution with motor, encoder, drive and controller combined in single integrated motor package
- Provides torque, high acceleration rates, good efficiency, decreased motor heating and less audible noise
- Used in IT applications such as wireless access points, IP cameras and VoIP phones
Original Press Release:
Applied Motion Products Introduces Integrated Motors with Power Over Ethernet (PoE) for Space-Constrained and Remote Locations
Watsonville, CA…August 20, 2019…Applied Motion Products introduces the TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor with Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality commonly used in IT applications such as wireless access points, IP cameras and VoIP phones. PoE technology provides DC power and Ethernet communications over a single cable, enabling innovative solutions for space-constrained and remote locations.
The TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor with PoE technology offers a complete motion control solution with a motor, encoder, drive, and controller combined in a single integrated motor package. Eliminating the need to connect motor power and feedback cables to an external motor controller, the integrated motor receives its power and Ethernet communications over a single cable for greater design modularity and installation simplicity.
The motor is built upon Applied Motion’s StepSERVO™ Closed Loop Stepper Technology, which provides numerous benefits over conventional, open-loop step motor systems including higher torque and greater efficiency.
- Compact size and integrated control electronics allow motor mounting almost anywhere.
- StepSERVO™ Technology provides greater torque, higher acceleration rates, better efficiency, decreased motor heating, and less audible noise than traditional, open-loop step motor systems.
- Easily adapts to existing industrial Ethernet networks with support for common protocols such as Modbus TCP.
- Compatible with readily available PoE+ switches and injectors that support the IEEE 802.3at Type 2 specification.
The NEMA 14 frame TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motor features an integral 4096-count magnetic encoder for high position and velocity accuracy. On-board motion control using Applied Motion’s Q Programming language enables the motor to run motion control profiles on its own as well as programmatically react to messages received on the Ethernet network. Two connector options, X-coded M12 and modular RJ-45, permit the use of standard, widely available Ethernet cables.
Applied Motion Products will demonstrate three TSM14POE StepSERVO™ Integrated Motors at Pack Expo Las Vegas on September 23-25, 2019 in booth # C-3614. Contact Eric Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org for a private demonstration or for more information.
About Applied Motion Products
Applied Motion Products specializes in high-precision, cost-effective motion control products including stepper and servo motors, drives, controllers, gearheads, and power supplies. The company serves a diverse industrial and OEM customer base with both standard and customized products. With in-depth motor and control expertise, Applied Motion Products works with customers from initial concept and design through finished product and production to provide the best motion control solutions to a range of markets. Find out more at https://www.applied-motion.com/ or contact the company at 1-800-525-1609.
Applied Motion Products
404 Westridge Drive
Watsonville, CA 95076