Press Release Summary:
- Comes with Quick-Connect design for mounting to wide variety of servomotors
- Features High accuracy helical rack and pinion and offers Backlash <3 arc-min or optional 1
- Ideal for CNC machining centers, metal cutting machines, laser machines and high-precision milling machines
Original Press Release:
HPG Planetary Gearheads with Rack and Pinion
Now available as a set from Harmonic Drive LLC
Peabody, MA, December 4, 2019 -- Harmonic Drive LLC, a leader in high precision motion control expands the HPG planetary gearhead product line with the introduction of a Rack & Pinion set. HPG gearheads offer low backlash for the life of the gearhead.
High accuracy helical rack and pinion sets are designed for high positioning accuracy and low noise. By having complete control over the design of the system, Harmonic Drive delivers max power density with high linear stiffness and high precision. The RK systems from Harmonic Drive are ideal for CNC machining centers, metal cutting machines, laser machines and high-precision milling machines. HPG Harmonic Planetary® gears with rack & pinion are available now. This new rack and pinion system carries the reputation for quality and reliability for which Harmonic Drive® products are known throughout the world.
HPG - RK Key Features:
- High precision (accuracy class DIN 6)
- Backlash <3 arc-min or optional 1
- Runout accuracy of the pinion gear installed on the gearhead is 15μm or less
- Low noise and vibration
- Rack: Induction hardened and ground
- Pinion: carburized and ground
- Quick-Connect design gearhead for easy mounting to a wide variety of servomotors
Known for its expert engineering and manufacturing, Harmonic Drive LLC products are relied upon every day throughout the motion control industry.
About Harmonic Drive LLC
Harmonic Drive LLC engineers and manufactures precision Harmonic Drive® servo actuators, gearheads and gear component sets. They work with industry-leading customers and companies of all sizes to provide both standard product and custom-engineered servo actuators, gearheads and gear components. Harmonic Drive LLC provides high precision, high performance solutions to meet customer’s mission critical application requirements. The majority of the products sold by HDLLC are proudly made at their US headquarters and manufacturing facility in Massachusetts. Affiliated companies in, Japan (Harmonic Drive Systems, Inc.) and Germany (Harmonic Drive AG) provide additional manufacturing capabilities. More information can be found by visiting the company’s web site at www.harmonicdrive.net
Harmonic Drive LLC Contact:
Colleen Anderson, Marketing Manager / firstname.lastname@example.org / 978-573-3427