Press Release Summary:
- Designed for integrated optical modules such as HB-CDM and IC-TROSA
- Offers a bandwidth of more than 50GHz with frequency tunability for optimizing E/O response of the optical modules
- Delivers output voltages of 2Vppd to drive InP and 4Vppd to Lithium Niobate and Silicon Photonics optical modulators
Original Press Release:
IDT to Demonstrate Its Latest Optical Communication Solutions at OFC 2019
SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDT) (NASDAQ: IDTI) will be at the Optical Networking and Communication Conference (OFC) 2019, the leading global conference for optical communications, to demonstrate its newest technologies for 400G datacenter applications and beyond optical. Attendees can view these live demonstrations in IDT's booth (#2217) at the conference, March 5-7, 2019, which will be held at the San Diego Convention Center.
One of the key demonstrations will be of the IDT® GX7647x series of 64Gbaud optical modulator drivers, an ideal solution for integrated optical modules with small form factors, such as HB-CDM and IC-TROSA, used for the next generation of 400G/600G coherent optical transceivers. This live demonstration will show the optical 64Gbaud 64QAM constellation with the combination of the GX76472 driver die and a 64Gbaud Lithium Niobate optical modulator, which corresponds to a 600Gbps transmission data rate.
The new GX7647x series are 4-channel integrated single die solutions, which cover all optical modulator technologies in the market, such as Lithium Niobate, Indium Phosphide, and Silicon Photonics. Integrated optical modules based on the GX7647x series include advanced features, such as:
- >50GHz bandwidth with frequency response tunability to optimize the E/O response of the optical modules
- Large output voltage of 2Vppd for driving InP and 4Vppd for Lithium Niobate and Silicon Photonics optical modulators, respectively
- Linearity of less than 1% of THD for 64QAM modulation
- OIF standard SPI control interfaces suitable for HB-CDM and IC-TROSA applications
IDT sampled customers with GX7647x drivers and production is expected to begin in Q2 2019.
Additionally, IDT will demonstrate a compact and low-power 100Gbps PAM4 EML driver, ideal for 400GBASE and 100GBASE transceivers used in datacenter applications. The IDT HXT45x1x series includes four- and single-channel surface mount type packaged drivers and single channel die, covering Ethernet optical transceiver modules such as 200G/400G QSFP-DD or OSFP DR4, FR4 and LR4, and 400G OBO. The HXT45x1x can also be used in the new generation of 100G Ethernet optical transceiver modules, such as 100G QSFP56 DR, FR, and LR. Optical transmitters based on the HXT45x1x series include such advanced features as:
- Low TDECQ (<2dB) in optical eye diagram with EML
- Wide gain tuning range of over 10dB and large output swing of up to 2V
- Low power consumption of 260mW per channel
Samples of the HXT45x1x series are currently available and production is expected to begin in Q2 2019.
Visit IDT at OFC 2019 in booth 2217 and find more information about the company and its solutions on the web at www.idt.com.
Integrated Device Technology, Inc. develops system-level solutions that optimize its customers' applications. IDT's market-leading products in RF, high performance timing, memory interface, real-time interconnect, optical interconnect, wireless power and smart sensors are among the company's broad array of complete mixed-signal solutions for the communications, computing, consumer, automotive and industrial segments. Headquartered in San Jose, Calif., IDT has design, manufacturing, sales facilities and distribution partners throughout the world. IDT stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Stock Market® under the symbol "IDTI." Additional information about IDT can be found at www.IDT.com. Follow IDT on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
Director, Demand Creation & Communications
Phone: (408) 574-6640