Press Release Summary:
- Offers positive displacement or turbine flow meters to provide better access, understanding and control of processes
- Features EDGE FAC-R converter that changes sensor frequency to current and voltage analog outputs
- Includes EDGE battery-powered flow rate transmitter that provides local six-digital LCD display of flor rate or total
Original Press Release:
AW-Lake EDGE Family of Flow Transmitters Interface with PD & Turbine Flow Meters for Greater Access and Control of Processes – from a Smart Phone!
Oak Creek, Wisconsin – June 2, 2020 - AW-Lake introduces the EDGE Family of Flow Electronics that interface with positive displacement or turbine flow meters to provide better access, understanding and control of processes –in some cases, from a smart phone. When installed on a flow meter, the EDGE Electronics can force the sensor to output a frequency or analog signal output for greater flexibility when interfacing with readout equipment or control rooms. Modbus output also adds system compatibility for more advanced operations.
A Bluetooth mobile application supports innovative signal processing, allowing users to monitor and program flow meters from a smartphone that serves a hand-held display. Mobile and PC-based applications streamline installation, configuration, and troubleshooting. With basic scaling and advanced functions, the user-friendly application allows for remote correction of non-linear flow meters to keep a linear analog output.
The EDGE family of flow transmitters includes:
- EDGE FAC-R Frequency to Analog Converter: This DIN panel-mount converter changes a basic mechanical meter into a smart sensor. An economical alternative to a PLC card, the EDGE Converter changes sensor frequency to current and voltage analog outputs for use in process monitoring, data acquisition and virtually any application needing to send an analog signal to a PLC. Modules are equipped with Bluetooth-enabled mobile application for wireless setup and programming from a smart phone or table.
- EDGE Flow Sensor: This local-mount sensor easily installs on flow meters to provide a frequency, current or analog signal for greater process flexibility. A Bluetooth mobile application enables flow meter monitoring and programming from the convenience of a smartphone. The mobile application also supports basic scaling and advanced functions, reacting when conditions go out-of-tolerance to help control processes. Using the mobile application, users can turn a smartphone or tablet into a wireless flow monitor that works in the palm of their hands!
- EDGE Battery-Powered Flow Rate Transmitter: Battery, loop or DC-powered, the transmitter provides a local six-digital LCD display of flor rate or total. Bluetooth connectivity enables operators to view readings and adjust rate, total, reset, sloop mode or time on a smart device. Bluetooth applications support scaling and advanced functions, such as remote correction of non-linear flow meters to keep a linear analog output.
“We built the EDGE family of flow transmitters to improve flow meter processes through greater scalability, flexibility and stability,” explains Mark Iverson, AW-Lake General Manager. “Using our EDGE products, companies can convert their meters into smart devices and enable remote monitoring and control from a smart phone, which is the mainstay of the day.”
For more information on its variable area flow products, visit https://aw-lake.com/product-category/lake-variable-area-flow-meters/ Or contact Marcia Reiff, Director of Marketing Communications, at 800-850-6110, e-mail email@example.com.
About AW-Lake Company
AW-Lake Company, a TASI Group company, is a leading North American design, manufacturing and service company of flow measurement technology for the fluid control needs of various industries, including oil & gas, chemical processing, paints & coatings, hydraulics & pneumatics, food processing, and fluid power. As part of the TASI Group’s Flow Segment, which also includes Air Monitor, EXACT Dispensing Systems, Fox Thermal, Greyline, KEM-Kueppers, LitreMeter, Onicon, Pulsar Process Measurement, Seametrics, Sierra and Vogtlin Instruments, AW-Lake services and distributes an extensive portfolio of flow measurement instrumentation throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. For information, please contact Marcia Reiff, Marketing Director, at 800-850-6110, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit AW-Lake’s Web site at www.aw-lake.com.
About the TASI Group
The TASI Group of Companies is comprised of four technologically advanced product platforms commonly linked by a disciplined focus on Product Integrity, Package Integrity, Automation, and Flow. Each TASI company delivers products and services to today’s world manufacturing environments, focusing on Automotive, Medical Devices, Oil and Gas, Plastic Containers, Consumer and General Industrial markets. For more information about the TASI Group, visit their Web site at www.tasigroup.com
2440 W. Corporate Preserve Dr. #600
Oak Creek, WI 53154 USA