Press Release Summary:
- Designed for basic drive applications with a low number of variants, quick and easy delivery, and plug and play convenience
- Provides variable speed control of all asynchronous and permanent magnet motors
- Features safe torque-off that can be applied through hardwired safety
Original Press Release:
The New VLT® AutomationDrive EZ FC 321 — The EZ Everything Drive
Designed for basic drive applications with a low number of variants, quick and easy delivery, and plug and play convenience, the VLT® AutomationDrive EZ FC 321 is built for ease of use.
The new Danfoss VLT® AutomationDrive EZ FC 321 provides variable speed control of all asynchronous and permanent magnet motors, on any industrial machine or production line, and is packed with standard features right off the shelf with no special configuration or customization required. Save energy, improve flexibility, and optimize processes with this intelligent yet simple variable frequency drive designed for easy stocking and fast turnaround — because every motor deserves the best AC Drive.
Supply voltages and power range
- 3 x 200 – 240 V...................... 0.33 HP – 100 HP
- 3 x 380 – 480/500 V............. 0.5 HP – 200 HP
- 3 x 525 – 600 V..................... 1 HP – 100 HP
- 3 x 575 – 690 V..................... 125 HP – 200 HP
Features and benefits:
- Rugged and reliable: VLT® AutomationDrive EZ FC 321 is a proven performer in all industrial environments and grid voltages, including 690V. Enclosures are available up to NEMA 4X (depending on model), and integrated DC chokes and RFI filters in all models protect installations by minimizing harmonic distortion and electromagnetic interferences. All drives are tested at full load before leaving the factory.
- Flexible and expandable: With a flexible modular design, the AutomationDrive EZ FC 321 is packed with standard features which can be expanded with plug-and-play options with additional features and fieldbuses. Safe Torque-Off is a standard safety feature that can be applied through hardwired safety.
- Printed circuit board protection: Drives up to 100 HP come standard with class 3C2 coating (acc. IEC 60721-3-3). Drives 125 HP and above come standard with 3C3 coating.
- Easy setup and commissioning: The VLT® AutomationDrive EZ FC 321 is easy to set up and operate via the user-friendly graphical control panel, requires minimal maintenance, and delivers a market leading control solution which provides a fast return on investment with a highly competitive cost of ownership.
- Smart Start wizard: Includes groups for several of the most common applications, including conveyors, pumps and fans, and setup with mechanical brake. With the settings to run applications already in place, you can get your machine up and running faster, increasing your productivity.
Lisa Tryson, Director, Corporate Communications & PR – Email: LisaTryson@Danfoss.com, Phone: +1 410 513 1142
Danfoss Drives, member of the Danfoss group, is a world leader in variable speed control of electric motors. Since 1968, we have been pioneers in the AC drives business. Now one of the largest companies in the industry, we deliver on our passion for development, manufacturing and sale of the most versatile AC drives in the world. Our VACON® drives form the robust foundation for optimization in industrial applications. VLT® drives play a key role at the sharp end of global resource management and factory automation. Our AC drives adapt to any motor technology, and serve in the power range 0.18 kW to 5.3 MW. Read more at www.danfossdrives.com
Danfoss engineers technologies that enable the world of tomorrow to do more with less. We meet the growing need for infrastructure, food supply, energy efficiency and climate-friendly solutions. Our products and services are used in areas such as refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, motor control and mobile machinery. We are also active in the field of renewable energy as well as district heating infrastructure for cities and urban communities. Our innovative engineering dates back to 1933 and today Danfoss is a world-leader, employing 28,000 employees and serving customers in more than 100 countries. We are still privately held by the founding family. Read more about us at www.danfoss.com.