Press Release Summary:
- Improves user experience and programming efficiency for the MT series, including output of machine-optimized, edit-free G-Code
- Create and sort operations in the required work coordinates and let the user flag a milling operation as a cutoff operation
- Eliminates the time spent on editing the G-code and streamlines the machine setup and first article run off for the end users
Original Press Release:
DP Technology Announces Machine-Optimized ESPRIT CAM Solutions for Willemin-Macodel
Camarillo, California (October 9, 2020) – Willemin-Macodel is a supplier of cutting-edge, made-to-measure machining solutions for complex, very high precision workpieces offering high added value in industries like watchmaking, jewelry, medical, aviation and more.
Due to the innovative configuration and complexity of certain millturn machines (508MT, 508MT2 X400, 408MT), programming and simulating using conventional computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software can be a challenge. Without the right software to drive those powerful machines, it is difficult to fully utilize their capabilities and realize their complete benefits.
By working directly with Willemin-Macodel and a number of key clients, DP Technology engineers developed highly optimized support for Willemin-Macodel within their ESPRIT CAM software to drastically improve the user experience and programming efficiency for the MT series, including output of machine-optimized, edit-free G-Code.
Some of ESPRIT’s key capabilities for these machines include:
- Create and sort operations in the required work coordinates
- Optimize simulation to match the output NC code and actual machine behavior
- Display various operation information to make programming in ESPRIT easier
- Provide a simple interface to set global machine settings
- Offer an easy way to mount vise jaws on the turret
- Offer a quick solution to mount chuck and collet on the main and sub spindles
- Allow programming of tailstock engage and disengage cycles
- Enable programming of vise steady rest engage and disengage cycles
- Let the user flag a milling operation as a cutoff operation
Well known in the industry for generating edit-free G-code, DP engineers also worked closely with Willemin machine specialists to create a turn-key digital machine package, consisting of post processors and virtual machines for the MT series. This eliminates the time spent on editing the G-code and streamlines the machine setup and first article run off for the end users.
“ESPRIT post developers collaborated with the team at Willemin-Macodel to develop a WM-specific software solution that enables quick processing of complex parts on our full 5-axis mill-turn machine tools,” says Jim Davis, Application Manager at Willemin.
ESPRIT provides not only a dedicated CAM solution for the Willemin-Macodel machines, but also extensive engineering expertise and knowledge to make sure the end users get started quickly and keep running at top efficiency using the MT series machines.
About ESPRIT and DP Technology Corp.
DP Technology Corp. is a leading developer and supplier of computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) software. ESPRIT®, DP Technology's flagship product, ESPRIT®, is a powerful CAM system for CNC programming, optimization, and simulation—supporting the entire manufacturing process. With factory-certified post processors delivering machine-optimized G-code and ESPRIT’s ability to solve unique challenges with automation solutions, ESPRIT is the smart manufacturing solution for any machining application. With world-class technical support, ESPRIT empowers you to get started quickly and keep running at top efficiency. ESPRIT is the only CAM system you’ll ever need.
DP Technology reinforces its commitment to technical excellence by dedicating nearly 20 percent of its annual revenue to ongoing research and product development. This long-term focus has produced powerful technological innovations that have placed ESPRIT in an industry-leading position since its market launch in 1985.