Press Release Summary:
- Provide solutions for high-current connection while supporting slow signal connection
- Offered in product options with standard, medium and high current rating
- Differentiated by current rating, ranging from 5.2 to 46A/pitch and power density, supporting up to 3400 W
Original Press Release:
TE Connectivity Releases a Comprehensive Card Edge Power Connector Portfolio for High Current Power Connection
Offers products with current ratings ranging from 5.2A/pitch to 46A/pitch, supporting up to 3400W
Harrisburg, Pa., Oct. 22, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- TE Connectivity (TE), a world leader in innovative connectivity solutions for high-speed computing and networking applications, is shaping its card edge power connector portfolio into a comprehensive one with the introduction of single-beam, high-density (HD) heightened, HD plus (HD+) 5- and 8- beam card edge power connectors. The whole portfolio can offer solutions for high-current connection while supporting slow signal connection. Products within this portfolio are mainly differentiated by current rating, ranging from 5.2A/pitch (5.2A/2.54mm pitch) to 46A/pitch (~15A/2.54mm), and power density, supporting up to 3400W.
This portfolio is now extended with a variety of product options in interface, current rating, power density and multiple connector types, offering customers:
Comprehensive product portfolio
- Abundant product options with standard, medium, high and premium current rating
- Addressing general and high-end markets demands
System design flexibility
- Available with Common Redundant Power Supply (CRPS) interface compatible products
- Expansive PCB orientation configurations
- Custom solutions available to address customer needs
- Higher current, higher density and better heat performance through TE's innovative contact design
- Enhanced safety: UL and TUV certified
"TE's card edge power connector portfolio is enriched with full consideration of markets and customers' demands. It can offer safer, customizable, CRPS interface compliant, high-current and high-density power connection to address varied power supply units and riser cards requested from different end applications in general and high-end markets," said Tommy Yu, product manager at TE Connectivity's data and devices business unit. "Our newly introduced products are either UL or TUV certified and some get both certifications to ensure they can help support our customers with optimized and reliable performance."
To learn more about card edge power connectors, visit www.te.com/pcb-connectors/card-edge-power-connectors.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
Source TE Connectivity
Priscilla Teng, TE Connectivity, +86 18818200337, email@example.com