Press Release Summary:
- Designed for the functionality of high-rise buildings with a waste chute system
- Equipped with an apartment chute transition hopper, deck-mounted hydraulic power unit and ANSI/OSHA approved photo eye start system
- Available with maximum force of 17,600 lbs and features 24” x 28.5” clear top opening
Original Press Release:
SP Industries Introduces The APT-33X Apartment Trash Compaction System
Hopkins, MI – March 30, 2020 – SP Industries introduces the APT-33X, a 1/3 cu. yd. stationary compactor designed specifically for the space constraints and functionality of high-rise buildings with a waste chute system. The new compactor is a smaller version of SP’s popular CP-331 commercial compactor, built from the same structural steel components to ensure superior durability and low maintenance. The APT-33X is a fully automatic, cross cylinder machine that comes equipped with an apartment chute transition hopper, deck-mounted hydraulic power unit, and ANSI/OSHA approved photo eye start system.
Key features of the APT-33X include:
- Cross cylinder design
- 24” x 28.5” clear top opening
- 40 cu. yds/hr. volume displacement
- Maximum force: 17,600 lbs.
- Safety standards warning system
- Full/Jam automatic shut-off with indicator light in Stop button
- Specific voltage wiring of customer’s choice
About SP Industries
SP Industries was established as a manufacturing facility in 1957, initially operating as Quality Steel Fabrication. As the name implies, the company specialized in custom fabrication, working with such companies as Caterpillar Tractor, GMC, Excello Corp. and Lockheed Manufacturing, among many others. The company also built compactor rams and frames for Spartan Waste-Pac, the original designer, patentee and manufacturer of refuse reduction equipment. After several changes in ownership, the key long-term employees created a new company, SP Industries Inc., that has maintained its position as the leading waste handling equipment manufacturer in the world. The company specializes in waste handling compaction and dumper systems tailored to the specific requirements of diverse industrial and commercial applications.
Longren & Parks