Press Release Summary:
The Gen7™ laboratory style Acoustic Micro-Imaging Tool is designed for use in analytical work on small numbers of samples. It offers Windows® 10 operating system and Sonolytics 2™ user interfaces and an increased transducer’s upward and downward range of Z movement. The tool enhances operator productivity and part throughput rate with the its increased versatility in transducer movement, fast scanning of samples and data processing.
Original Press Release:
Nordson SONOSCAN Unveils Gen7™ Tool on Windows® 10
Elk Grove Village, IL, USA, Aug. 13, 2018 - Nordson Sonoscan, a leader in the development and production of acoustic micro imaging (AMI) tools, announces its new Gen7™ laboratory style acoustic micro-imaging tool. The new Gen7 AMI tool enhances operator productivity and part throughput rate by providing greater versatility in transducer movement, faster scanning of samples, and faster processing of data.
Orders are now being taken for the Gen7 AMI tool, which, like its predecessors in the Nordson Sonoscan C-SAM® line, is designed for analytical work on small numbers of samples, although it can also screen modest quantities of components. Among its differentiating features:
- 50% higher screening throughput from faster transducer motors.
- Scan area significantly enlarged, so more parts can be scanned at one time.
- Upward and downward range of Z movement of the transducer more than doubled to enable scanning of samples having a greater range of height variation.
- Windows® 10 operating system and Sonolytics 2™ user interface have replaced Windows® 7 and Sonolytics™, respectively.
- Intel’s i7 seventh generation chips make the system’s computer hardware 33% faster, giving, for example, quicker delivery of Digital Image Analysis.
- Both monitors have high resolution 4K screens to reveal more detail.
- Includes Waterplume™ technology, so a separate C-SAM tool is not needed to image IGBT modules.
Users will notice that frequently used menu items now appear in the User Interface, eliminating the need to open a menu. Other changes include easy access to the current timing mode in the A-Scan and the ability to Go To a TOF directly from the movement interface.
For more information:
Nordson Sonoscan, Inc. 2149 E. Pratt Blvd., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007. Phone 847 437-6400. Contact Bill Zuckerman x 237. Email William.Zuckerman@nordsonsonoscan.com; web www.nordsonsonoscan.com
Since 1974, Nordson SONOSCAN, a division of Nordson Corporation has led the development and production of acoustic micro imaging (AMI) tools, methods and modes for non-destructive imaging, inspection and analysis of parts and products used in commercial, military and aerospace applications. Along the way the company has been awarded numerous patents in the U.S. and abroad. The company also operates contract testing laboratories in multiple locations. For more information visit www.nordsonsonoscan.com.
About Nordson Corporation
Nordson Corporation (Nasdaq: NDSN) is one of the world’s leading producers of precision dispensing equipment that applies adhesives, sealants, coatings and other materials to a broad range of consumer and industrial products during manufacturing operations. The company also manufactures equipment used in the testing and inspection of electronic components as well as technology-based systems for curing and surface treatment processes. Headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, Nordson has direct operations and sales support offices in more than 30 countries.
2149 E. Pratt Blvd.,
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
CONTACT: Bill Zuckerman
847-437-6400 Ext. 237