Press Release Summary:
- Offers multiple airflow strategies, including two-stage constant-volume, two-stage with IntelliSpeed™ fan control, four-stage variable-air-volume and four-stage with IntelliSpeed™ fan control
- Feature single-side access to all serviceable items that provides ease of service with accessible connections, service ports, coil cleaning hatches, service disconnect switches and optional service valves
- Comes with Mobile Access Portal (MAP) that offers remote diagnostic monitoring for fewer trips to job site
Original Press Release:
YORK® Introduces New 27.5–50 Ton Rooftop Units, Offering Class-Leading Performance and Simplified Service
New rooftop units maximize energy and cost savings in an economical package
MILWAUKEE – (January 23, 2020) – The YORK® brand of Johnson Controls has launched a new series of commercial rooftop units designed to deliver class-leading performance, serviceability and flexibility, all in a cost-effective package. YORK Sun™ Select 27.5–50 ton rooftop units exceed aggressive Department of Energy (DOE) energy efficiency standards, reducing operational costs over the lifetime of the unit.
“The new Select commercial rooftop units were designed with the future demands of our customers in mind by offering industry leading efficiencies paired with a rich compliment of features and options,” said Eric Newberg, director, Commercial Product Management, Ducted Systems, North America, Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls. “Bringing maximum value without sacrificing quality is important for our customers. SMART controls combined with a flexible design are key to decreasing installation, maintenance and operating costs - saving more money over the life of the unit with a shorter payback window.”
Select rooftop units are optimized with the latest proprietary advances in modeling technology to help preemptively identify issues, and an optional Mobile Access Portal (MAP) offers remote diagnostic monitoring for fewer trips to the job site. Single-side access to all serviceable items provides ease of service that is further simplified with accessible connections, service ports, coil cleaning hatches, hinged access panels, convenience outlets, service disconnect switches and optional service valves.
Units are supported by the new Johnson Controls Commercial Application Support organization, which provides expert pre-sale consultation, and Johnson Controls Commercial Technical Service team, which provides leading field support. These teams offer technical and field support throughout every aspect of ownership, including selection, installation, replacement and service.
Select rooftop units are offered alongside the award-winning YORK Sun™ Premier platform to provide a complete and competitive offering in this tonnage range. The new units offer up to 31% greater part-load efficiency (IEER) than competitive models and up to 15% greater IEER than the YORK Millennium™ legacy product. Energy costs are reduced to industry-leading levels with 4-stage IntelliSpeed™ models available in 2020. In addition, Select rooftop units exceed aggressive DOE 2023 energy efficiency standards by up to 22%, while surpassing current DOE 2018 levels by up to 39%.
Select rooftop units feature easy-to-use controls that include a start-up and commissioning wizard to simplify the installation process. In addition, the units feature a prepackaged Smart Equipment controls platform for even greater efficiency and a full array of user-adaptable parameters. The units integrate seamlessly with building automation system Verasys to help maximize control for extended equipment life and reduced operating costs.
Additional features include:
- Multiple airflow strategies, including two-stage constant-volume, two-stage with IntelliSpeed™ fan control, four-stage variable-air-volume and four-stage with IntelliSpeed™ fan control*.
- Competitive replacement opportunity with same footprint as the majority of similar tonnage-range units in the field, minimizing the need for costly, leak-prone transition curbs.
- A broad range of outdoor air options, including low-leak damper economizers, manual dampers, barometric relief, constant volume powered exhaust and modulating powered exhaust.
- Multiple heat options, including staged and modulating gas heat*, stainless steel heat exchangers and electric heat*.
Select rooftop units will be featured at the 2020 AHR Expo (Booth 3833) Feb. 3-5, 2020, at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida. Anyone interested in scheduling a booth appointment or interview should contact Liz Sternby at email@example.com.
For more information on YORK Sun Select rooftop units, visit YORK.com/SunSelect.
*Available later in 2020.
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, York®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641