Up to 3x faster charging with adapters that are half the size & weight
EL SEGUNDO, CALIF. (PRWEB) MARCH 07, 2019 - Navitas Semiconductor announced today that the company will showcase over a dozen leading-edge, fast-charging adapters using its proprietary GaNFast power IC technology at the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) March 18-21 at the Anaheim Convention Center, California. As a ‘Diamond’ APEC sponsor, Navitas will demonstrate hands-on, 3x faster charging at half the size and weight of traditional slow silicon solutions, both on the exhibition floor and a private demo suite.
“The impressive display of end-customer production examples at this year’s APEC is founded on the world-leading GaNFast technology”, said Navitas CTO/COO Dan Kinzer. “We are pleased to enable a new class of high-frequency, high-efficiency, high-density & fast charging power systems.”
Visitors can learn about the latest Navitas GaNFast devices and reference designs that achieve unprecedented small size, light weight and high efficiency levels, with fast-charging speeds for end products ranging from smartphones and laptops to on-board fast-charging eMobility solutions.
“More than a dozen customer products, combined with Navitas’ strong presence in APEC’s ‘Industrial Sessions’ validates the market adoption of high-speed GaNFast solutions”, explained Stephen Oliver, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing. “With GaNFast delivering reliable, high-performance solutions and strong customer partnerships, we’ve gone from no-one wanting to be first, to no-one wanting to be last with a GaNFast solution.”
Visitors to the Navitas booth (#1241) have a chance to win a weekend in New York for the 2019 Formula E Grand Prix and all APEC badge-holders are welcomed to the “GaNFast Blast!” party at the world-famous House of Blues on March 18th starting at 8pm.
To request an APEC meeting with Navitas, contact +1 ThinkGaNIC (844-654-2642) or email email@example.com.
Navitas will present or be featured in the following conference papers, events at the conference:
- Capacitors going GaNFast: Opportunities and Challenges in High-Frequency Power Systems.
- Gene Sheridan, Navitas CEO, co-founder
- Saturday, 16th March 2019, 8:00am Convention Center, PSMA Capacitor Committee and IEEE PELS Capacitor Workshop.
- PSMA Annual Meeting
- Stephen Oliver, as PSMA Chairman
- Monday, 18th March, 8:00am Convention Center
- Study of Magnetics Frequency vs. Efficiency Enables a New Class of High-Density PFC/LLC Converters
- Tom Ribarich Navitas Sr. Dir. Systems Engineering
- Tuesday, 19th March, 8:30am, PSMA Industry Session IS4 “Getting up to speed on switching: wide band gap and other high performance components”, paper ID#1106, room 210D
- What are you waiting for? Let’s go GaNFast!
- Stephen Oliver, Navitas VP Sales & Marketing
- Tuesday, 19th March, 1:30pm Exhibit Hall: Theatre 1
- Advanced Active Clamp Flyback Control for High-Density AC/DC Adapters
- Bing Lu, TI, Systems Engineering Manager
- Wednesday, 20th March, 9:30am, Industry Session IS07 "Devices and Controllers in Adapter Application", paper ID#: 1058, room 209AB
- A New 650V GaNFast Half Bridge IC for AC/DC Converter Applications
- Santosh Sharma, Navitas Principal IC Design Engineer, Kedar Patel, Navitas Staff Product Engineer, Marco Giandalia, Navitas VP IC Design
- Thursday, 21st March, 2:25pm, PSMA Industry Session IS21, paper ID#1105, room 210D
- GaN Power ICs Enabling Next-Gen ACF for Adapter/Charger Applications
- Xiucheng Huang, Navitas Applications Engineer
- Thursday, 21st March, 9:15am, PSMA Industry Session IS16 "Production use cases of wide band gap semiconductors: systems in production today, drivers and controllers for tomorrow", paper ID#1151, room 209AB
- GaN Power IC Adoption Takes Off in Fast Charging Market
- Dan Kinzer, Navitas CTO, co-founder
- Thursday, 21st March, 9:45am, PowerAmerica Industry Session IS9 "Advances in the Adoption of Wide Bandgap Semiconductors in Commercial and Industrial Applications", paper ID#1058, room 210BC
Navitas Semiconductor Inc. is the world’s first and only GaN Power IC company, founded in 2014 and based in El Segundo, CA, USA. Navitas has a strong and growing team of power semiconductor industry experts with a combined 200 years of experience in materials, devices, applications, systems and marketing, plus a proven record of innovation with over 200 patents among its founders. A proprietary process design kit monolithically integrates the highest performance GaN FETs with GaN logic and GaN analog circuits. Navitas GaNFast Power ICs enable smaller, higher energy efficient and lower cost power for mobile, consumer, enterprise and new energy markets - over 75 Navitas patents are granted or pending.
As the premier event in applied power electronics, APEC focuses on the practical and applied aspects of the power electronics business. This is not just a designer’s conference; APEC has something of interest for anyone involved in power electronics:
- Equipment OEMs that use power supplies and dc-dc converters in their equipment
- Designers of power supplies, dc-dc converters, motor drives, uninterruptable power supplies, inverters and any other power electronic circuits, equipment and systems
- Manufacturers and suppliers of components and assemblies used in power electronics
- Manufacturing, quality and test engineers involved with power electronics equipment
- Marketing, sales and anyone involved in the business of power electronics
- Compliance engineers testing and qualifying power electronics equipment or equipment that uses power electronics.