Press Release Summary:
Constructed for direct mounting to pneumatic actuators in any position on NAMUR interface, High-Flow series delivers fail-safe functionality through pilot-operated spool design with combined spring and air return. Models come in 3/2, 5/2, and 5/3 functions for control of single- and double-acting pneumatic actuators of any size. There are Â¼ and Â½ in. NTP port sizes, standard with manual override, that offer typ Cv flow of 1.2 and 3.0 respectively.
Original Press Release:
Parker Fluid Control Division Offers High-Flow NAMUR Valves
NEW BRITAIN, CT/March 28, 2007 - Parker Fluid Control Division, manufacturers of the Skinner and Gold Ring lines of solenoid valves and the Sinclair Collins line of process control valves, now offers a line of High-Flow NAMUR Valves for direct mounting to pneumatic actuators. Process industry applications for the rigorous and durable product line include the control of larger process control valves commonly used in the chemical, petrochemical, water and wastewater, food and beverage, and pharmaceutical industries.
The High-Flow series - capable of a greater flow than most NAMUR valves in the marketplace - introduces a compact and modern design ideally suited for controlling actuators of all sizes. The new solenoid valve offers NAMUR-compatible models in:
· 3/2, 5/2 and 5/3 functions for the control of single- and double-acting pneumatic actuators.
· ¼" and ½" NTP port sizes with standard manual override.
· Nominal Cv flow of 1.2 and 3.0 respectively.
Parker Fluid Control Division incorporated several design features to ensure maximum valve durability and a long life, including:
· A patented sealing system with a "swimming" O-ring design, which allows valve sealing to increase proportionally to pressure. By regulating the seal contact pressure, seal wear is minimized for longer life and reliable switching, even after long periods of inactivity.
· A valve life expectancy of 5 million cycles.
· Fail-safe functionality through a pilot-operated spool design with combined spring and air return.
· A pilot exhaust bug screen to ensure safe outdoor services, reducing the number of foreign objects that can enter and block the valve.
The High-Flow NAMUR Valve is built with an anodized aluminum body and a stainless steel spool, as well as internal parts made of brass. It is designed for direct mounting in any position on a NAMUR interface. As well, the High-Flow NAMUR Valve operates from a pressure range of 22 to 150 psi.
The rugged valve uses class F DIN and Conduit coils and Class H hazardous coils to meet wide temperature needs. Hazardous coil enclosures, manufactured for rigorous application demands, meet FM and CSA agency approvals for Class 1: Groups A - D and Class II: Groups E - G.
For more information on the High-Flow NAMUR Valve, call (860) 827-2300 or visit www.parker.com/fcd.
A division of the Parker Hannifin Corporation, Parker Fluid Control Division is a global leader in the production of solenoid and process control valves. Based in New Britain, Connecticut, the division has a facility in Madison, Mississippi as well as a worldwide network of distributors. With its earliest predecessor dating back to 1885, the company currently offers the Skinner, Gold Ring, R Series, Sinclair Collins, and new Angle Body Piston Valve lines. More information on Parker Fluid Control Division's products and applications is available via the Internet at www.parker.com/fcd or by calling (860) 827-2300.