Press Release Summary:
Featuring Dual-wheel shock-absorbing ergonomic, Mammoth Casters come in 3 × 4 ft wide size. Offering rotation for finishing mandrel, unit comes with swivel section. Offering carrying capacity of 600,000 lbs of coal and 150,000 lb turntable, unit’s technology features laser cutters, polyurethane processing, brake processing and CNC machinery. Equipped with axle gear, product’s wheel measure 30 in. in diameter.
Original Press Release:
Caster Concepts' Mammoth Custom Casters Designed to Tackle Extreme Challenges
There's no job too large or too tough for Mammoth Custom Casters (CasterConcepts.com), the newest product line by Caster Concepts, the leading manufacturer of industrial casters, rigs, wheels and accessories.
Mammoth Custom Casters are Caster Concepts' answer to unique and complex challenges. Whether the need is for a caster to roll over glass without cracking it, or to move very large machinery, or to swivel with exact precision, Caster Concepts will develop the solution to fit the application.
Each Mammoth Custom Caster is engineered and designed by Caster Concepts' engineers and built at one of the company's three plants in central Michigan. Caster Concepts versatile technology and flexible manufacturing processes feature laser cutters, polyurethane processing, brake processing and other computer numerical control (CNC) machinery.
Caster Concepts has designed and built Mammoth casters for a variety of challenges:
- 3-foot-by 4-foot-wide casters with wheels measuring over 30 inches in diameter with an axle gear can be used on a motor-powered steel transporter carrying over 250,000 pounds of steel, plus the weight of the huge transporter
- Custom casters can carry over 600,000 pounds of coal, plus the 150,000-pound turntable.
- Dual-wheel casters engineered and designed for a track with a capacity of 50,000 pounds for each caster.
- A unique swivel section was designed to achieve consistent smooth rotation for a finishing mandrel (each caster had a 35,000-pound weight-capacity requirement).
- Six-tire turtle casters can disperse weight on a crane used for replacing huge glass solar panels.
- Dual-wheel shock-absorbing ergonomic casters with a weight capacity of 14,000 lbs. reduce push force by more than 60 percent.
"Our flexible manufacturing process allows us to build almost anything our engineers can design and our customers can dream up," says Caster Concepts President and CEO Bill Dobbins.
About Caster Concepts
Caster Concepts designs and builds industrial casters and wheels for virtually any application. ISO 9001-2008 certified, Caster Concepts manufactures heavy-duty products to withstand impact, corrosion, temperature extremes and industrial chemical environments. Caster Concepts' multifunctional casters and wheels provide solutions in industrial, automotive, food service, aerospace, material handling and many other demanding markets. Visit CasterConcepts.com.
16000 E. Michigan Ave.
Albion, MI, 49224