CLEVELAND – Lubrizol Engineered Polymers announces that it will be showcasing several of its new and/or expanded polymer solutions at NPE 2015—The International Plastics Exposition—in Orlando, FL from March 23-27, in the South Hall, Booth #S12073.
A global leader in supplying polymer solutions, Lubrizol will be highlighting its innovative offering including:
BounCell-X™ Microcellular TPU Foam
• Containing Lubrizol's Estane® TPU, BounCell-X™ is a new microcellular TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) foam that contains highly elastic microcellular parts that excel in energy absorption and cushioning applications. In addition to lightweight, superior long-term compression properties and a fast molding cycle, BounCell-X can provide a high-quality, thin skin layer that adds aesthetic values, as well as the typical advantages of TPU such as outstanding abrasion and cut resistance.
Bio TPU™ by Lubrizol*
• Bio TPU™ by Lubrizol is a revolutionary line of bio-based* TPU that's made with renewable-sourced material*. Bio TPU by Lubrizol provides the same performance and benefits as traditional petroleum-based TPU and can range in hardness from 82 Shore A to 55 Shore D. Both extrusion and injection molding grades are available.
• A new, high-heat TPU, Estane TS92AP7 is not only formulated for superior abrasion and chemical resistance, but also features excellent high heat resistance and low temperature flexibility. With its 125°C rating and UL yellow card certification, Estane TS92AP7 is the next generation of high-heat-resistant TPUs for cable jacketing and injection molded components.
• Lubrizol's aliphatic TPU range is designed to combine durability and aesthetic properties in one single material. This innovative product series is perfect for light-colored or transparent applications that will be exposed to UV light, and where non-yellowing, durability and weatherability performance are key requirements. The aliphatic portfolio includes new and improved molding grades for the industrial, automotive, sports and recreation and electronics markets; in addition to extrusion grades that set the standard for optical and high quality film applications.
• Lubrizol's adhesive TPU range contains polymers that can be utilized in hot melts, solvent-based adhesives, adhesive films and HMPUR (commonly known as Hot Melt Polyurethane Reactive or RHM: Reactive Hot Melt). The extension of Lubrizol's high melting point Estane TPUs with the low melting point Pearlbond™ and Pearlstick™ TPU range, uniquely positions Lubrizol to satisfy customers' melting range needs across a wide crystallization range. This combined adhesive product line is available in pellet and/or powder form. Additionally, the adhesives range offers new, soft TPU grades for hot melt adhesives (HMAs) with hardness as low as 46 Shore A. This unique soft TPU solution offers agreeable texture (soft-touch grip/anti-slip), no surface tackiness, excellent processing properties and extrusion at low temperatures.
"At our core, the Engineered Polymers business is focused on collaboration with our customers and developing new and innovative solutions to meet their toughest application challenges. Our advanced technologies deliver on these goals," says Arnau Pano, vice president and general manager, Lubrizol Engineered Polymers. "Our wide-ranging portfolio of solutions is unlike anything else available in the market and highlights our continuous investment in new technologies and dedication to future growth."
For more information about our Engineered Polymer solutions and the markets we serve, stop by the South Hall, Booth #S12073 or visit www.lubrizol.com/engineeredpolymers.
About The Lubrizol Corporation
The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a technology-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products while reducing their environmental impact. It produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, as well as additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of specialty resins and additives. Our products for the oilfield market include technologies for exploration, production and transportation.
With headquarters in Wickliffe, Ohio, Lubrizol owns and operates manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Founded in 1928, Lubrizol has approximately 8,000 employees worldwide. Revenues for 2014 were $7 billion. For more information, visit Lubrizol.com.
All marks are owned by The Lubrizol Corporation.
* Bio-based content as certified in accordance with ASTM D-6866
The Lubrizol Corporation