WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – At this year's NECA show, Legrand, a leading provider of electrical wiring devices and home systems, will be showcasing game-changing solutions that enhance contractor productivity and facilitate job-site risk management. To learn and see more, visit Legrand in booth #567 from October 12 – October 15, 2013, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC.
The Legrand booth will feature Cablofil®, Pass & Seymour® and Wiremold® product lines.
"Contractors no longer need products to install," says Steve Killius, Vice President, Contractor Resources Group at Legrand. "They need reliable solutions that facilitate the effective completion of projects on-time and on-budget. This reduces their on-the-job risk and helps them seamlessly move to their next project. The solutions that we have in our booth are specifically designed to reduce risk and enhance productivity."
From an efficiency perspective, Legrand has responded to market needs by designing installation productivity enhancements into every new product or product update, including products on the show floor. "This is driven by the need for change in how electrical infrastructure is purchased and installed. By carefully assessing the needs of the owner, specifier and installer, Legrand designs features that improve each stakeholder's interaction with products. We have the opportunity to influence and improve, not only the product selection, but how the work gets done," adds Killius.
Risk management on the job site is becoming an important aspect for contractors. "Innovative products, systems and solutions that simplify ordering, material handling and installation can minimize mistakes and errors, reduce nonproductive activities, increase installation productivity, reduce on-site waste and even reduce injuries. Simplifying and speeding installation helps to insure timelines, lower installed cost and can contribute to accelerated cash flow as milestones are met earlier," concludes Killius.
Legrand's products on the show floor
• The Cablofil® Wire Mesh Cable Management tray is a simple system to design, specify, and install. Electrical contractors can save time installing MC cable in wire mesh cable management trays compared to using standard wiring in EMT conduit. A study of sample installations comparing the two found a savings of up to 30% using wire mesh cable management trays and MC cable instead of conduit products.
• The Cablofil® FAS Power Prefabricated Wiring Assemblies (FAS Power) makes rough-in fast and easy. Pre-fabricated floor brackets slide under the sill plate with no vertical measuring needed. Wall brackets with pre-mounted boxes and rings quickly attach to the stud with switches and switch/outlet combinations in place. And for fast job starts, FAS Power products are prepackaged and shipped to the requirements of the contractor.
The redesigned all-aluminum Cablofil® Itray is a ladder cable tray that offers enhanced functionality, faster installation, and easier ordering. It features an optimized side rail design allowing mid-span splicing while maintaining full NEMA load class. The tray is lighter and stronger than its conventional equivalents, and minimizes total tray width for tight spaces. Itray can be installed up to 30% faster than standard trays and moves the contractor onto the next jobsite much sooner. Its new design significantly reduces the number of SKUs needed in order to speed up shipping times and makes design and engineering easier for Legrand customers.
From Pass & Seymour:
• The Pass & Seymour® Harmony™ Tru-Universal Dimmer (Harmony Tru-Universal Dimmer) is compatible with all lamp types and simple to use. Its self-calibration feature changes the dimmer landscape for distributors, contractors and end users. It allows distributors to provide a dimmer that simply works and manage and reduce their inventory, as they can replace as many as 30 current SKUs with one. Contractors can install with confidence and end users have a hassle-free experience. It also brings added benefits of an extended lamp life and energy savings for all types of light sources.
• adorne™ Wiring Devices bring a new level of design and style. They work with standard wall boxes and are perfect for upgrading new construction or remodeling projects. A wide array of models are available that can easily complement any style of décor.
• The Pass & Seymour® Self-Test GFCI with SafeLock Protection™ conducts an automatic test every second, ensuring it's always ready to protect. If the device fails the test, the indicator light flashes to signal that the GFCI should be replaced. It also has a proven SafeLock Protection feature: if critical components are damaged and protection is lost, power to the receptacle will be locked out.
• The Pass & Seymour® Fed Spec USB Charger with Tamper-Resistant Duplex Receptacle is engineered with durability and performance in mind. Designed for the commercial market, it boasts a 3.1 amp USB charging capability and is compatible with USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices. This product is capable of withstanding heavy use due to its UL Federal Specification certification. Residential and Hospital Grade versions are available, as well as quad USB chargers, single USB charging receptacles, and other combination devices.
• Pass & Seymour® Recessed TV Boxes are designed to provide a snug-to-wall placement for New and Old Work applications in the hospitality, education, commercial and residential environments. They are ideal for flat-screen TVs and reducing the clutter associated with a variety of cabling. Plugs and multimedia connections are conveniently recessed behind the wall surface in steel electrical boxes that fit into a standard 2x4 wall cavity.
• The rugged construction of the Pass & Seymour® Straight Blade & Turnlok® Watertight Plugs & Connectors can withstand high impacts, oils, chemicals, heat, and severe weather thanks to multiple ring seals between the plug and connector. They are rated watertight for 1,000 psi high-pressure hose down, and with quick-drive assembly screws that are backed-out, ready-to-wire terminal screws, these Watertight Plugs and Connectors offer a fast and easy installation — saving time and money in any application.
• The Pass & Seymour® Self-Test AFCI with SafeLock Protection is a convenient code-approved method to protect against electrical fires. Similar to GFCIs, AFCI Receptacles are conveniently located in the living space allowing homeowners to easily see the indicator light which will alert them to a problem. The AFCI's TEST and RESET functions are controlled locally. This means less confusion for the homeowner, less call backs for the contractor, which saves time and money.
• Three new Wiremold® round PVC floor boxes will feature at NECA. These new Ratchet-Pro™ Series Floor Boxes include a larger version of the original 881 Series PVC round box, plus steel/PVC hybrid boxes for slab-on-grade and above-grade applications. Ratchet-Pro boxes provide single- and dual-service capability for power, A/V and communication services in open-space areas such as malls, shopping centers, department stores, airports, hospitals, and office buildings.
New Ratchet-Pro Series Floor Boxes include the RPNFB PVC floor box which features parallel hubs that reduce labor and material costs by eliminating conduit bending. The RPSFB and RPSFB-OG floor boxes combine an adjustable rectangular steel base with a PVC body that allows concrete pours of between 4" and 6."
• The Wiremold® Modulink™ 880 Series Nonmetallic Floor Boxes deliver installation flexibility and labor-saving capabilities. These boxes now feature 2" conduit openings, providing the largest conduit feed in the industry and meet customer requirements for greater communication cable capacity. The conduit reducers and plugs reduce installation time.
• The Wiremold® Lab Bench Pedestal Table Box is designed specifically for laboratory benches and provides increased capacity and access to multiple services in a variety of configurations to meet the demanding needs of laboratory activity.
Lab Bench Pedestal Table Boxes are field-wired units that can be added to existing benches or designed into new lab construction. The box can be divided into two gangs that have the capacity to wire a 15A, 20A, GFCI, or a 30A twist lock receptacle. A removable divider enables the box to contain multiple services like data/communications and audio/video.
Connect with Legrand on Facebook www.facebook.com/legrandna, Twitter www.twitter.com/passandseymour or www.twitter.com/legrandna, and YouTube www.youtube.com/legrandna
Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Its comprehensive offering of solutions for use in commercial, industrial and residential markets makes it a benchmark for customers worldwide. Innovation for a steady flow of new products with high added value and acquisitions are prime vectors for growth. Legrand reported sales of close to $5.8 billion in 2012. Legrand has a strong presence in the North American market, with a portfolio of well-known product lines that include Cablofil, Electrorack, Middle Atlantic, NuVo, On-Q, Ortronics, Pass & Seymour, Vantage, Watt Stopper and Wiremold. The company is listed on NYSE Euronext and is a component stock of indexes including the CAC40, FTSE4Good, MSCI World, ASPI and DJSI (ISIN code FR0010307819). www.legrand.us
Management Supervisor Pr
Eric Mower + Associates
211 W. Jefferson St., Syracuse, NY 13202