Press Release Summary:
- Made of durable vinyl and mounted to the pit walls
- Offers HMWPE plates attach to leveler subframe that fills air gaps between the dock leveler and the pit walls
- Helps maintain facility cleanliness and improve energy efficiency at the loading dock
Original Press Release:
Rite-Hite PitMaster™ II Under-leveler Seal Saves Energy, Blocks Contaminants
Helps companies achieve cost savings and pass inspections at the loading dock
MILWAUKEE (February 24, 2021) – The PitMaster™ II Under-leveler Seal from Rite-Hite helps facilities save energy and keep contaminants out by providing a seal at the “fourth side” of the loading dock opening. Utilizing a main sealing curtain, side seals and filler panels, the PitMaster II seal helps maintain facility cleanliness and improve energy efficiency at the loading dock.
“The PitMaster II offers two major benefits,” says Mary Blaser, director of marketing for Rite-Hite Environmental Enclosures Corp. “Not only does it help deny access to pests and contaminants into the facility and keep debris and dirt out of the leveler pit, it also protects against energy loss by blocking gaps to prevent air flow, while simultaneously creating a thermal barrier beneath the dock leveler to reduce heat exchange through the steel leveler deck. This can result in energy savings up to $1,000 a year per loading dock position, depending on climate. Customers purchase the PitMaster system for its promise to reduce energy loss, control condensation and slippery docks in refrigerated facilities, and to help them pass safety and quality audits and inspections. With the recent implementation of FSMA requirements, it has become one of our best-selling products.”
The PitMaster II incorporates new design elements that complement a greater array of dock leveler types and styles, and make it easier to install and maintain. Refining the sealing capabilities of the original PitMaster, introduced in 2007, this new and improved version builds on the experiential knowledge learned thousands of Rite-Hite customers and the challenges they’ve faced getting solid sealing on all sides of the door openings on their loading docks.
The PitMaster II comes with several innovative standard and optional components:
- Main sealing curtain – The durable black vinyl curtain is secured to the dock leveler and follows its motion to seal the front of the leveler pit from side to side, bottom to top, when leveler is operated. When leveler is stored, PitMaster II keeps sealing the pit even when no trailer is in place at the dock.
- Side seals – Made of durable vinyl and mounted to the pit walls, side seals seal stubborn gaps between the dock leveler toe guards and pit walls.
- Filler panels – HMWPE plates attach to leveler subframe on right and left sides, filling air gaps between the dock leveler and the pit walls.
- Optional components – Lip corner seals, bumper filler pads and bumper covers work together to seal gaps at corners of leveler lip, and between the leveler, dock shelter, and dock bumpers when a trailer is in place.
These components work together to help prevent dust, pests, debris, and other contaminants from collecting in leveler pits and potentially gaining entrance to the facility through open gaps. Besides keeping these areas cleaner, it can help facilities pass quality inspections and audits.
Because the PitMaster II helps seal off the space beneath steel levelers, it creates a more comfortable environment for loading dock workers.
The PitMaster II installs quickly and easily on Rite-Hite and most competitive dock levelers. It requires no routine maintenance.
For more information about the PitMaster™ II Under-leveler seal, visit the website page or call (414) 355-2600 to find your local Rite-Hite Representative.
About Rite-Hite Corporation
Rite-Hite Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, is a leading manufacturer of material handling systems designed for maximum safety and productivity. Principal product lines include trailer restraints, dock levelers, integrated controls, dock seals and shelters, industrial power doors, fabric curtain walls, and aftermarket products and services. For more information, visit www.RiteHite.com or call 1-800-456-0600.
MEDIA CONTACT for ThomasNet
Andy Larsen, Boelter + Lincoln PR