Press Release Summary:
- Provides quarterly security patches that are based on Android Security Bulletins
- Includes regular firmware update with on-going enhancements with fixes for the device
- Offers Android major version upgrades, which improves productivity and extends the lifecycle of the device
Original Press Release:
Datalogic Shield™ Your Android™ Security, Android Security Patches & Updates for Your Datalogic Mobile Computers
BOLOGNA, ITALY (PRWEB) MAY 02, 2019 - Datalogic, a global leader in the automatic data capture and industrial process automation, is pleased to announce the availability of Datalogic Shield, a new software security service that extends the lifecycle of mobile computers running Android™, offering Datalogic customers years of protection on their rugged device investment.
Customers are Datalogic’s priority. With Datalogic Shield, our Customers receive an extended period of security support exceeding 5 years - much longer than the usual 2-3 years of consumer mobile security support, along with OS version upgrades. This reduces the total cost of ownership, reduces security risks, and extends the useful life of their devices.
Datalogic Shield ensures our Customers a number of benefits:
- Quarterly security patches based on the Android Security Bulletins from GoogleTM
- Support for 2 years after device’s end of sale: this provides support longevity of 5-7 years, exactly what Enterprise customers expect.
- Android major version (dessert) upgrades: this enhances productivity, extends the lifecycle of the device, and offers the newest features in the Android platform and OS.
- 12-month transition support for prior Android versions: this offers a comfortable transition period for customers to plan their upgrade to the latest Android version.
- Regular firmware updates providing on-going enhancements along with fixes for the device: the Shield updates not only include security patches from Google and our chipset provider, they also include Datalogic’s fixes and improvements. This keeps your devices at optimal performance.
- Automatic customer notifications of new updates: Subscribers to Datalogic Shield can sign up for tailored email notifications to let them know as soon as updates are available for their specific products.
- Datalogic Shield initially covers the following Datalogic mobile computers: Joya™ Touch A6; Memor™ 1; and Memor™ 10. All future Android handheld mobile computers from Datalogic are planned to be covered by Datalogic Shield.
Together with the launch of Datalogic Shield, we are pleased to announce the launch of our new Datalogic Developer Site, a ‘one stop shop’ for Datalogic's mobile software, accessible directly from: https://developer.datalogic.com. The Datalogic Developer Site includes not only the latest technical news & updates, but also a Discussion Forum to leverage Datalogic experts and the technical community as a whole.
“Datalogic Shield provides tremendous value to our customers, going a step beyond the Android Enterprise Recommended Program and provides a comprehensive package of services to extend the life of our rugged mobile computers” stated Pietro Todescato, Group Technology Officer of Datalogic.
For more information on Datalogic Shield, visit http://www.datalogic.com/shield
Google and Android are trademarks of Google LLC.
Datalogic is a global leader in the automatic data capture and process automation markets, specialized in the designing and production of bar code readers, mobile computers, sensors for detection, measurement and safety, RFID vision and laser marking systems. Datalogic solutions help to increase the efficiency and quality of processes in the Retail, Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics and Healthcare industries, along the entire value chain.
The world's leading players in the four reference industries use Datalogic products, certain of the attention to the customer and of the quality of the products that the Group has been offering for 47 years.
Today Datalogic Group, headquartered in Bologna (Italy), employs approximately 3,200 staff worldwide, distributed in 30 countries, with manufacturing and repair facilities in the USA, Brazil, Italy, Slovakia, Hungary and Vietnam. In 2018 Datalogic had a turnover of 631 million Euro and invested almost 62 million Euros in Research & Development, with an asset of more than 1,200 patents in multiple jurisdictions.
Datalogic S.p.A. is listed in the STAR segment of the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001 as DAL.MI. More information about Datalogic at http://www.datalogic.com.
39 051 3147 380