Press Release Summary:
- Ensures business uptime by backup on virtual machine or by restoring entire system to new, dissimilar hardware, and overcoming compatibility issues
- Provides NAS, SAN, tapes, disks, Acronis Cloud, Azure, AWS, or Google storage options
- AI- and ML-based technology features prevent cyber attacks, stop questionable behavior, and automatically recover damaged files
Original Press Release:
Meet the Update 5 of Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5
July 3, 2020 - we are happy to introduce Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Build 16327 - the most secure backup solution on the market, capable of protecting 20+ platforms no matter the size or location - on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, and on mobile devices. It ensures business uptime by spinning up backup on a virtual machine or by restoring an entire system to new, dissimilar hardware, overcoming compatibility issues.
Acronis Backup provides flexible storage options: NAS, SAN, tapes, disks, Acronis Cloud, or any private or public cloud, such as Azure, AWS, or Google. Its proprietary AI- and ML-based technology features proactively prevent cyber attacks, stop questionable behavior, and automatically recover damaged files. Its intuitive, web-based management console provides full oversight on the backup management tasks and monitoring in 25 languages.
Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 is available in two editions: Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Standard and Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Advanced.
What's new in Update 5 (Build: 16327)
- [Windows only] An installation package that includes both 32-bit and 64-bit installation files (more than 3 GB in size) is now available.
- It is now possible to generate .mst file on the machine where an agent is already installed.
Support for new operating systems:
- Support for macOS 10.15 Catalina
- Support for Ubuntu 19.04, 19.10, and 20.04
- Support for CentOS 8.1
- Support for Oracle Linux 8.1
- Support for CloudLinux 7.7
- Support for ClearOS 7.6
Acronis Backup for Virtual Host allows you to protect your entire VMware vSphere environment with Acronis Cyber Backup - the most advanced hybrid backup solution on market. It supports VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Red Hat Virtualization, Linux KVM and Oracle VM Server. Powered with Active Protection™ from ransomware, enhanced backup validation, and blockchain-based authentication of your backups with Acronis Notary™, Acronis Backup is the most reliable backup solution available today. Find more at https://www.acronis.com/business/backup/virtual-machine/