Press Release Summary:
The Dual-Laser Infrared Thermometer is used for measuring surface temperatures and bulk temperatures of air, gas or liquids in the range of -40 to 1200°F. The device provides 20:1 optical resolution and adjustable emissivity within a range of 0.1-1.0. The product is offered with bright backlit display for viewing in low lights. It is capable of calculating statistical parameters for Max/Min/Avg/Diff and offers user definable high/low limits with audible and visual alerts. The unit comes with IP54 ingress protections for dust- and water-resistance.
Original Press Release:
Klein Tools® Expands Infrared Measurement Range for Use in Versatile Applications
Nov. 28, 2018 (Lincolnshire, Ill.) – Klein Tools (www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, introduces a 20:1 Dual-Laser Infrared Thermometer, which offers a wide measurement range, a tight distance-to-spot ratio, dual targeting lasers and several calculation modes. With the reliability needed to get the job done right, this new jobsite essential enables accurate temperature measurements on inconvenient-to-reach smaller objects at distance.
- Measures temperatures ranging from -40 to 1200°F (-40 to 650°C)
- Measures surface temperature when using IR emission, or
- Measures bulk temperatures of air, gas or liquids when using a standard K-Type probe
- Dual-laser targeting and 20:1 optical resolution (distance-to-spot) enable accurate measurements of smaller objects at farther distances
- Adjustable emissivity from 0.1-1.0 provides flexibility for use across multiple applications
- Bright backlit display provides easy viewing in low light
- Statistical parameters are calculated for measurement events - Max/Min/Avg/Diff
- User definable high/low limits with audible and visual alerts when breached
- Powered by one 9V alkaline battery, which has an eight-hour runtime with continuous use of laser and backlight
- Rugged design (U.S. patent D791,624) stands up to harsh jobsite conditions
- Soft-touch, over-mold housing
- 9.9-foot (3m) drop protection
- IP54 ingress protections for dust- and water-resistance
- Includes custom carrying pouch, K-Type temperature probe and battery
“When professionals rely on a durable, dependable, rugged instrument to deliver accurate temperature measurements as part of their day-to-day responsibilities, it is crucial that they are equipped with the right tools for the job,” says Sean O’ Flaherty, director of product management at Klein Tools. “Klein Tools’ new 20:1 Dual-Laser Infrared Thermometer enables accurate IR measurements of surface temperatures, and bulk temperatures of air, gas or liquids with standard K-Type probe, with a wide measurement range that makes it the perfect tool for use across various jobsites day-in and day-out.
About Klein Tools
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the No. 1 choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visit www.kleintools.com.