Press Release Summary:
Flexible AC Current Clamp Meter features 18 in. clamp for measuring AC current in PLC cabinets or bundled wires and backlit LCD screen with 3000 count display. Unit comes with auto-ranging, True Root Mean Squared measurement technology and CAT IV 600V and CAT III 1000V safety ratings. Meter is drop-protected up to 6.6 ft and captures minimum and maximum values.
Original Press Release:
Klein® Tools Introduces Flexible AC Current Clamp Meter, Enabling Measurements in Hard-to-Reach Spaces
April 27, 2018 (Lincolnshire, Ill.) – Klein Tools (www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, introduces the Flexible AC Current Clamp Meter for effortless measurements. This new clamp meter features an 18” flexible clamp to accurately measure AC current in areas that are difficult to access, including tight PLC cabinets, bundled wires or awkward conductors.
- Measures AC current with an easy-to-use, stand-alone design
- 18-inch flexible clamp enables measurements in hard-to-reach spaces
- Auto-ranging, True Root Mean Squared (TRMS) measurement technology ensures accurate readouts from 0.1 to 3000A
- CAT IV 600V and CAT III 1000V safety ratings provide extra safety on the job
- Backlit LCD screen with 3000 count display for clear readings
- Min / Max function captures minimum and maximum values and the data hold function locks display for convenience
- Drop-protection up to 6.6 feet (2m) provides increased durability
- Auto power-off after 15 minutes of non-usage conserves battery life
- Low battery indicator and easily accessible battery compartment
- Includes Flexible AC Current Clamp Meter, owner's manual, storage pouch and 2 x AAA batteries
“Traditional clamp meters are designed for measuring currents found in large, unobstructed circuits, but electricians struggle when trying to take accurate readings on crowded jobsites,” says Sabrina Kalsi, product manager at Klein Tools. “The flexible AC Current Clamp Meter offers a convenient, single-meter alternative to enabling measurements in difficult to access, confined spaces.”
For more information, visit www.kleintools.com/new-products or search for #NewKleins on social media.
About Klein Tools
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the No. 1 choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visitwww.kleintools.com.