Press Release Summary:
The Dual-Range Non-Contact Voltage Tester with Laser Pointer is designed for determining AC voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, switches and outlets. It detects AC voltages from 12 to 1000 V or 70 to 1000 V AC and comes with screw-thread battery cap and 3 m drop protection. The 200 A AC Open Jaw Fork Meter is used for measuring AC current up to 200 A in cables up to 3/0 sizes, voltage (600V AC and 1000V DC) and resistance up to 60 MΩ. The fork meter features a backlit LCD display and built-in test lead holders.
Original Press Release:
Klein Tools® Extends the Test and Measurement Line, Offering Innovative Capabilities
August 28, 2018 (Lincolnshire, Ill.) – Klein Tools (www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, introduces the Dual-Range Non-Contact Voltage Tester with Laser Pointer (Cat. No. NCVT-5) and the 200A AC Open Jaw Fork Meter (Cat. No. CL360), which augment Klein Tool’s existing test and measurement product line with innovative capabilities. The NCVT-5 not only detects AC voltage but also can be used to identify objects of interest at a distance using the integrated laser pointer. The CL360 features a wide jaw to make measuring current in thicker cables possible. This line extension offers new solutions to measuring common electrical parameters.
Dual-Range Non-Contact Voltage Tester w/Laser Pointer (Cat. No. NCVT-5)
- Provides non-contact determination of AC voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, switches, outlets and wires with visual and audible indicators
- Easy-to-use dual-range measurement modes detect AC voltages from 12 to 1000V or 70 to 1000V AC and easily determine the currently active range
- Bright integrated Class IIIA laser pointer helps identify objects of interest at a distance, such as electrical boxes, light fixtures, conduits or other jobsite activity
- Auto power-off conserves and extends battery life
- Screw-thread battery cap
- Lightweight, compact tool with pocket clip enables convenient storage and easy access
- Built to withstand harsh jobsite conditions with 9.9-foot (3m) drop protection and a CAT IV 1000V safety rating
- Includes 2x AAA batteries
Open Jaw Fork Meter, 200A AC (Cat. No. CL360)
- Easily performs essential measuring functions, including:
- Wide jaw measures AC current up to 200A in cables up to 3/0 sizes, accommodating cable diameters up to 0.58-inch (14.7mm)
- Test leads measure AC/DC voltage up to 600V AC and 1000V DC, resistance up to 60MΩ and continuity
- Non-contact voltage tester integrated into the jaw detects voltage greater than 70V AC
- Backlit LCD display provides easy-to-read measurements in low-lit areas
- Built-in test lead holders on back of meter enable one-handed use
- Auto-power off after 15 minutes of non-use conserves battery life
- Automatically ranging True Root Mean Squared (TRMS) measurement technology for greater accuracy
- Rugged Klein ''TOUGH METER'' design stands up to jobsite demands with 9.9-foot (3m) drop protection and best-in-class safety ratings:
- Jaw and housing: CATIV 600V and CATIII 1000V;
- Electrical and protection circuit: CATIII 600V and CATII 1000V;
- Includes carrying case, instruction manual, straight input test leads and 2 x AAA batteries
“Professional electricians depend on durable test and measurement equipment in order to get every job done right,” says Sean O’ Flaherty, director of product management at Klein Tools. “The Dual-Range Non-Contact Voltage Tester can be used to detect the presence of AC voltages in a variety of electrical systems, and its integrated laser pointer can be used to illuminate items of interest at a distance on the jobsite. Meanwhile, among the Open Jaw Fork Meter’s many measuring capabilities, its wide jaw opening accommodates large cable diameters up to 3/0 when measuring AC current. Both new products are built to withstand harsh jobsite conditions, meeting the demands of the professionals who use them every day.”
For more information, visit www.kleintools.com/new-products or search for #NewKleins on social media.
About Klein Tools
Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the No. 1 choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visit www.kleintools.com.