Press Release Summary:
The USB Digital Meters and Testers are available in three models ET900 (USB-A power delivery devices), ET910 (USB-A ports) and ET920 (USB-A and USB-C connectors). The units come with LCD display and a mode button to switch display options, resets, store and recall up to 10 data readings. The meters can monitor voltage, current, capacity/charge delivered, energy, resistance and are offered in industrial design to withstand harsh jobsite requirements. They feature durable cables and are can detect voltage and current overloads.
Original Press Release:
Klein Tools’® USB Digital Meters and Tester Monitor the Power Delivered by USB Ports
Oct. 2, 2018 (Lincolnshire, Ill.) – Klein Tools (www.kleintools.com), for professionals since 1857, introduces USB Meters and Tester (Cat. Nos. ET900, ET910 and ET920), enabling professionals to monitor the power delivered by USB ports. The ET900 easily measures USB-A power delivery devices and features a compact, lightweight design. The ET910 tests and measures USB-A ports, which builds on the ET900 with the additional ability to test the port’s maximum current output. Lastly, the ET920 measures both USB-A and USB-C connectors for added flexibility. This unique product line offers new capabilities with intuitive, easy-to-use technology, built into a pocket-sized design for easy portability.
ll three products listed below feature:
- Ability to continuously monitor up to 1000 hours of voltage, current, capacity/charge delivered, energy and resistance (calculated)
- Hi-resolution LCD display that provides clear measurements in low-lit environments
- Mode button to switch display options, reset, store and recall up to 10 data readings
- Voltage and current overload detection
- Durable cables that allow easy access to hard-to-reach ports
- Industrial design to withstand harsh jobsite demands, with 6-foot (2m) drop protection
- No need for batteries; devices receive power from the USB port being monitored or tested
- Measures DC voltage from 3 to 20V DC and current from 0.05 to 3A
- For use with most common standard USB-A ports, including Qualcomm Quick Charge® ports
- Built-in fixed loads of 0.5A, 1A, 2A and 3A test maximum current delivery without connecting to an external load
- Measures DC voltage from 3 to 20V DC and current from 0.05 to 3A (monitoring mode)
- Tests and measures most common standard USB-A ports, including Qualcomm Quick Charge® ports
- Measures DC voltage from 3 to 20V DC and current from 0.05 to 3A (USB-A) as well as DC voltage from 3 to 20V DC and current from 0.05 to 5A (USB-C)
- For use with most common standard USB-A or USB-C ports, including Qualcomm Quick Charge® ports
“A USB device’s power delivery and capability can be a mystery, even though the technology is common,” says Shantanu Deshpande, senior product manager at Klein Tools. “Klein Tools’ new line of USB Digital Meters are easy to use and built to stand up to the rigors of daily use in demanding environments, perfect for troubleshooting wall outlets, wall chargers, portable power banks and other USB ports with charging capabilities.”
About Klein Tools Since 1857 Klein Tools, a family-owned and operated company, has been designing, developing and manufacturing premium-quality, professional-grade hand tools. The majority of Klein tools are manufactured in plants throughout the United States and are the No. 1 choice among professional electricians and other tradespeople. For more information, visit www.kleintools.com.