Press Release Summary:
Integrating with CA Virtual Automation, CA Service Catalog v12.6 automates provisioning of resources across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. It also integrates with CA Oblicore Guarantee(TM), which allows service level contracts to become part of service definition. Software can enable private and hybrid cloud provisioning, service automation, user self-service, IT costing/financial management, and provisioning of role-based security and is available for Microsoft Windows Server.
Original Press Release:
CA Technologies CA Service Catalog Automates the Delivery of Cloud and Virtualized Services
New Version Enables Customers to Move to a Virtualized Service Environment
ISLANDIA, N.Y. - CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced a new version of CA Service Catalog that integrates with CA Virtual Automation and CA Oblicore Guarantee(TM) to enable the automatic provisioning of physical, virtual and cloud services based on the cost and performance criteria of the service request.
Customers can use CA Service Catalog 12.6 to enable private and hybrid cloud provisioning, service automation, user self-service, IT costing/financial management, and provisioning role-based security. This single point of contact supports a customer's journey to an increasingly virtualized service environment. CA Service Catalog also bridges the gap between current IT operations and the challenge of moving existing services to a private cloud, thus enabling the transition toward a dynamic and virtualized environment.
By defining, publishing, and providing financial insight into the usage of the services in business terms, CA Service Catalog 12.6 can transform an IT organization into a strategic business partner.
"CA Service Catalog is the first to integrate all the required steps of service delivery - definition, automation, performance and financial management," said Brian Bell, general manager, Service and Portfolio Management, CA Technologies. "By doing so, IT can now provide the business with the transparency to make informed decisions about how to leverage physical, virtual and cloud environments."
"The CA Technologies products, including CA Service Catalog, help to make a number of our core IT processes more efficient and effective," said John Presland, IT Service Delivery Director, LV=. "A key factor in our success has been CA Technologies role as a strategic partner where they've worked with us to understand our business model and technology roadmap. Already, we leverage their security solutions with CA Service Catalog to automate provisioning for new starters and staff changing job roles."
CA Service Catalog 12.6 adds a number of new capabilities that enable proactive IT organizations to fulfill the complete service lifecycle, become more efficient, and improve customer satisfaction. New features include:
- Automate the provisioning of resources across physical, virtual and cloud environments through integration with CA Virtual Automation. Users can automatically invoice for virtualized resource consumption based on a variety of usage based, tiered rate, and flat rate pricing and costing plans.
- Integration with CA Oblicore Guarantee(TM) allows service level contracts to become part of the service definition to enable service delivery and fulfillment to be aligned to expectations.
- Enhanced agility is realized through Smartphone and policy-based approvals to help support a mobile workforce.
- New request options enable policy-driven requests and more granular discrete lifecycle management for more control over the request lifecycle and for easier configuration of business requirements.
"Service management solutions need to automate resource provisioning, and tie that capability to clearly created IT services for IT and business user consumption," said Fred Broussard, research director, Enterprise System Management Software, IDC. "Solutions that automate provisioning and virtual management functions such as those found in the CA Service Catalog and Virtual Automation can provide significant value to IT executive wanting to demonstrate IT's value to the company."
CA Service Catalog r12.6 is available now for Microsoft Windows Server with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle database support. To view a demo, please visit: www.ca.com/media/ServiceCatalog/ca-service-cat-feb-2011/servicecatalog.html
For more information on CA Service Management, please visit:
- On the Web: www.ca.com/servicecatalog
- Blog: http://community.ca.com/blogs/itil/
- On Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/caitservice
- On YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/catechnologies
- Case Study: Elbit Systems of America conquers the challenges of expansion with Enterprise IT Management
- Tech Brief: Service Level Management Through an Automated Service Catalog and IT Financial Management and Cost Recovery
- White Paper: Without a Service Catalog, Your Public, Private, or Hybrid Cloud is Just a Fog Bank
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments - from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.