Offerings streamline processes, mitigate risk and enable mobile workers
PALO ALTO, Calif. - HP today announced new imaging and printing solutions and devices designed to help small and midsize businesses (SMBs) and enterprise organizations enhance employee productivity, both in the office and on the go.
By making strategic decisions about their imaging and printing investments - including streamlining paper-intense processes - businesses can improve office efficiencies and uncover new revenue streams.
"In recent years, IT organizations have been under tremendous stress to control and reduce costs while also investing in business process innovation," said Jeff Hayes, president of InfoTrends, a market research and strategic consulting firm. "Successful organizations realize they need to strategically invest across their entire IT infrastructure including business printing."
Today's announcement includes:
- Expanding HP solutions suitable for the enterprise but scaled for SMBs and delivered by channel solutions partners.
- Introduction of strategic technology partners Hyland Software and Nuance as well as new workflow solutions for healthcare and financial services enterprise customers.
- New and enhanced multifunction printers ideal for the office environment and featuring ePrint capabilities.
"Customers need a partner that can help them solve complex business issues," said Bruce Dahlgren, senior vice president, Managed Enterprise Solutions Business, HP. "Our new technologies and innovations are designed to transform paper-intense processes into simple digital workflows, allowing businesses to identify new opportunities for growth."
Extending HP solutions to SMBs
HP solutions previously only available to HP's enterprise customers are now available through select channel partners. These HP trained and certified partners will offer a portfolio of printing and imaging applications. New applications include;
- HP ePrint Enterprise - For businesses with on-the-go workers who need to access and use content from their smartphones, HP ePrint Enterprise improves productivity through mobile access to print without data ever leaving a secure network.(1)
- HP Access Control Printing Solutions - For businesses that need a more secure, less wasteful print environment, HP Access Control - recently enhanced with new features - delivers cost controls, security functions and simple operation.
- HP and TROY Secure Document Printing Solution - For businesses that need to print high-value, black-and-white documents with antifraud security features using plain paper and their enterprise-class HP PCL5 LaserJet printers and multifunction printers (MFPs).
SMBs also benefit from downloadable solutions that further streamline document workflows and processes.
- The HP Web-Connected Business App, accessed through a printer's touchscreen, is designed to increase productivity with improved document workflows.(2) The latest business app from HP includes the ability to print business forms through the DocStoc app.
- The HP LaserJet MFP Wizard Console is a set of tools on select HP LaserJet MFPs that help SMBs manage and streamline their document handling processes. The wizards make it easy for users to set up send-to-email and send-to-folder workflows to efficiently create and distribute scanned documents.
Partners and solutions to accelerate business processes for the enterprise
The HP Solutions Business Partner (SBP) program combines a broad imaging and printing portfolio, a visionary platform strategy and document management expertise with solutions from a wide range of the industry's top software partners.
- Hyland joins the HP SBP program as a Platinum partner. HP will be selling Hyland's solution OnBase, a comprehensive enterprise content management suite. The two companies will streamline processes by capturing electronic and paper-based documents, integrating that information into front- or back-end business applications, automating workflows and enabling instant access to data stored in OnBase's secure and centrally managed repository.
- Nuance also joins the HP SBP program as a Platinum partner and offers a document capture solution at the scanning device that securely integrates with an intuitive user interface for performing on-demand capture tasks. HP will resell Nuance eCopy ShareScan.
- Omtool, a current member of the HP SBP program, is introducing new workflow components including Image-In Connect, Image-In Queue and AccuRoute Extensions for Microsoft SharePoint. With these HP and Omtool Document Capture and Workflow Solutions, documents can be integrated with line-of-business applications, managed personally in workflow queues and centrally stored.
- Hyland, Nuance and Omtool will support HP Open Extensibility Platform (OXPd 1.6).
HP also has enhanced HP Access Control with new features, including opt in/out rules, global settings and upgrades to critical backup configurations, sorting and reporting. The solution delivers print authentication, auditing, authorization, accounting and secure pull printing functionality for enterprises.
HP innovation for industries
HP innovates to meet the unique business needs of key industry segments. Seven of the top 10 healthcare companies are HP imaging and printing solutions customers.(3) New enterprise healthcare solutions include:
- HP Distributed Workflow Solution for Healthcare, in conjunction with Hyland Software, streamlines and automates paper-based processes to ensure accurate document capture and provide immediate access to those assets across an organization.
- HP Exstream for Healthcare Providers enables providers to reduce hospital readmissions with personalized, easy-to-understand patient communications. Delivered in the patient's preferred language, delivery channel and format, these clear, customized communications can help reduce readmission.
Eight of the top 10 financial services companies in the Americas are HP Managed Print Services (MPS) or solutions customers.(3)
HP Loan Origination Accelerator automates the document management element of the loan origination process, shortening cycle times, advancing straight-through processing, providing more transparency and improving the overall customer experience.
HP also enhanced its HP MPS Multi-vendor Services and HP Universal Print Driver (UPD) 5.3.
HP additionally announced the HP Exstream Makeover: Customer Communications Edition, where enterprise customers can enter to win a $500,000 software and services package to help improve the quality and efficiency of their customer communications activities. Interested companies can learn more at www.hp.com/go/exstreammakeover or by participating in the HP Exstream Makeover mobile tour.
Devices that deliver results and reduce costs
HP's robust device portfolio now includes two new networked HP LaserJet MFPs that provide SMB and enterprise customers features such as HP ePrint to streamline workflows. HP FutureSmart firmware dramatically improves fleet management through a single consistent code base that allows new features to be added to an entire fleet via firmware updates. These updates can save money by increasing the functionality of an existing printer fleet and delivering a foundation for next-generation, web-connected capabilities.
HP LaserJet Enterprise M4555 MFP series - A secure, easy-to-use mono MFP designed to help businesses increase efficiency and improve document workflow. The device features several enterprise tools, including HP Web Jetadmin for monitoring and management, HP FutureSmart firmware and HP's Open Extensibility Platform to simplify the development and deployment of HP and third-party solutions. This product is currently available in certain regions including the United States and Canada.
- HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP - HP's most affordable wireless LaserJet MFP includes print, scan, fax and copy functionality, as well as Ethernet and wireless networking standard.(4) This new product also features innovative technologies such as HP Smart Install, which enables CD-free driver installations in as fast as five minutes,(5) and HP Auto On, Auto Off.(6)
Additional information about HP's new imaging and printing solutions and devices is available at hp.com/go/businessprinting2011.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
(1) HP ePrint Enterprise requires internet- and email-capable BlackBerry® smartphone OS 4.5 or newer, iPhone® 3G or newer, running iOS 4.2 or later, HP webOS devices running webOS 1.45 or 2.0, or Android(TM) device running version 1.4 or newer, with separately purchased wireless internet service, HP ePrint Enterprise server software and HP ePrint services app. Solution works with PCL5/6, PCL3, PCL3GUI printers (HP and non-HP). BlackBerry requires BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) deployment. HP webOS app available July 2011.
(2) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Apps availability varies by country and language. Details at hp.com/go/ePrintcenter.
(3) Based on data since November 2009 from the 2010 "Fortune Global 500."
(4) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(5) HP Smart Install works with Windows® only. Based on USB installation. Actual installation times may vary by printer device and settings.
(6) HP Auto-On, Auto-Off capabilities vary by printer device and settings.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.