SMITHFIELD, RI — Honeywell Safety Products today officially announced it is bringing Oliver® Safety Footwear — Australia's leading safety boots and shoes — to the U.S.A. for workers in extreme work environments.
"Since 1887, the boot makers at Oliver have been crafting, perfecting, and building Australia's leading safety boots and shoes," said Chris Heffernan, Honeywell Safety Products, Global Product Line Leader, Footwear. "Oliver footwear stands for quality, comfort, and protection, and is the chosen brand of leading companies around the world. "Now, Oliver Safety Footwear is available in the U.S as well, with a launch to Canada scheduled for later this year," Heffernan said.
Oliver Safety Footwear is uniquely suited for workers in the most extreme working conditions — mining, oil and gas, heavy metal fabrication, and construction — providing superior protection from harsh chemicals, temperatures, slippery conditions, and unexpected contact with abrasive surfaces or heavy machinery while maximizing safety, performance, comfort, and reducing foot and leg fatigue.
In addition to premium leather and direct-attach construction, chemical-resistant exteriors, and a wide range of sole, toecap, and other special features, Oliver boots incorporate exclusive design and technology features:
• NANOlite Technology footbeds for greater comfort and well-being. The gently raised surface of the sole massages the wearer's feet while walking, promoting greater blood flow to help reduce fatigue. Plus, a perforated foam air control layer enhances air circulation, reducing odor.
• COMFORT cushion Impact Absorption System, which uses a combination of cellular urethane and PORON® Performance Cushioning technology to protect the heel and ball of the foot, providing superior cushioning and shock absorption at the heel. This constant impact absorption helps reduce foot, leg, and lower back fatigue.
• PORON® XRD™ Metatarsal Guard extreme impact protection that is comfortable, flexible and lightweight and frees the wearer of rigid, bulky and constricting padding. On impact, the PORON XRD high performance molecules create a unique protective shield that absorbs up to 90% of the most intense force — hit after hit.
• NATUREform Type 1 Toe Caps, which provide a wide-profile shape to suit the wearer’s foot and are padded with a latex cushion liner to ensure toes are comfortable and not in contact with the cap.
"Oliver footwear merges a 125-year history of superior craftsmanship with cutting-edge technology for the ultimate combination of ruggedness and comfort. With Oliver footwear, workers can conquer any challenge their jobs may bring, demonstrate their qualities as true professionals, and take pleasure in the superior equipment they rely on every day," said Heffernan.
For more information on Oliver Safety Footwear, contact Honeywell Customer Care at 1-800-430-4110 or visit http://www.oliversafetyboots.com.
About Honeywell Safety Products
Honeywell Safety Products (http://www.honeywellsafety.com), a global manufacturer of leading personal protective equipment (PPE) brands such as Honeywell®, Uvex®, North®, Howard Leight®, Miller®, Fibre-Metal®, Servus® , and Oliver®, offers a full range of quality PPE including respiratory, hand, footwear and clothing, welding, head, first-aid, hearing, eye/face, fall protection, lockout/tag out, and traffic safety products. Honeywell Safety Products helps build an enduring culture of safety through comprehensive education; innovative technologies; and comfortable, high-performance products and solutions that inspire workers to make safer choices on their own.
Honeywell International (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
• Media Contact: Don Goncalves, email@example.com or 1-781-793-9380
Tiziain Whitmyre, Inc., 2 Commercial St, Sharon, MA 02067 United States