Press Release Summary:
Suitable for both process and discrete automation, Intelligent Touch Panel HMIs come in Premium, Standard, and Compact models to meet specific application needs. Units are based on IntelÂ® Core™ i7-4650U processor with up to 16 GB DDR3L-1333/1600 memory. Intel HD graphics supports DirectX 11.1, Open CL/GL, and 4K videos Quick Sync encoder. Available with touch displays ranging from 15–24 in., HMIs have completely flush stainless steel fronts with IP66/NEMA 4/4X ratings.
Original Press Release:
AIS Introduces Industry 4.0 Ready, Industrial Controls and Factory Automation HMI Touch-Panels, for Easy Visual, Control and Monitoring in Discrete and Process Automation Industries
AIS’s M2M & Industry 4.0 HMI Panels for Industrial Control System (ICS), Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Integrated Manufacturing System and Machine Vision Systems Applications
IRVINE, CALIFORNIA – American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) the leader in open architecture, Web-based HMI touch panels, Industrial panel PCs (IPCs), HMI Systems and touch-screen interfaces for a broad range of industrial, commercial and manufacturing industries, offers a new family of Industrial Controls and Factory Automation HMI Touch-Panels. These new controls and factory touch panels enable Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and applications in discrete and process control industries. The new family of Industry 4.0 ready, industrial controls and factory automation touch-panels from AIS offer three different series to choose from depending on their application requirements. They are suitable for Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Integrated Manufacturing System, Machine Vision Systems applications and more.
The family includes their new line of Smart HMIs: the Premium, Standard and Compact Series of HMIs. While the Compact Series is an integrated all-in-one HMI touch-panel designed for simple discrete machine control, process manufacturers have a wide range of options to choose from based upon their specific SCADA application needs – which will probably dictate selecting the Premium or Standard Series of Smart Factory HMIs. For Industrial IoT technologies and Smart applications, the Premium and Standard offer high-speed processing, scalability and large storage options necessary for Big Data analytics and OT and IT convergence.
AIS’s New Factory Automation HMI Touch Panels are Designed Specifically for Industrial Control and Monitoring Systems for Both Process & Discrete Automation
Discrete and Process control applications typically possess different control and monitoring requirements. Process industries mainly employ manufacturing operations that convert highly variable raw materials into consistent quality finished goods. Process manufacturers require a high degree of automation, monitoring and advanced control. Utilizing high degrees of automation, process manufacturers are moving beyond individual plan acquisition of time series from the plant floor to the acquisition of data from multiple plant sources and performance analysis. AIS industrial controls and factory automation touch-panels along with SCADA software help support these complex needs to be able to quickly make informed decisions relating to remote plant and enterprise operations.
AIS’s Premium Series Intelligent Touch Panel HMIs are Ideal for Complex SCADA Control in Process Applications; While Their Compact Models are Suitable for Discrete Machine Control
Discrete applications emphasize the assembly of high quality engineered components or sub-assemblies into more valuable final equipment manufactured by OEMs. Discrete manufacturing companies are less automated, and prioritize basic visibility into manufacturing, specifically into key performance indicators, finances and data from production assets. Industrial control and monitoring factory automation touch-panels such as AIS’s Compact units offer the affordability and simplicity for OEM machine control, yet still provide the same open architecture design and functionality common across their entire family of Smart HMIs from AIS.
While many industries overlap or use both Process and Discrete control and monitoring solutions in their plant operations, some industries are predominantly process or discrete. Generally process automation, control and monitoring applications prefer AIS’s Intelligent, M2M HMIs, commonly employed in process industries such as: Chemical Manufacturing, Pulp & Paper, Water & Waste Water Treatment, Pharmaceutical, Food, Oil & Gas, Glass & Solar; while some popular discrete applications are more commonly found in Automotive plants, various Packaging machinery operations and Transportation equipment.
AIS Intelligent & Open HMIs Are Equipped to Serve the Evolving Demands of Discrete & Process Control in Factory and Industrial Automation Environments
Many factors are driving growth in the process and discrete segments of factory automation market today. These factors are forcing industrial plants and facilities to consider and utilize new browser-based, open platform, control and monitoring automation systems such AIS’s family of industrial control and factory automation touch panel HMIs to solve complex business requirements. Some of the key factors include:
• Surging technology innovation within industrial and factory automation systems for more accurate, reliable, efficient and energy saving process control and monitoring.
• New emerging trends in nanotechnology, nanotech sensors, machine-to-machine communication systems and Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) technologies; which are accelerating growth in discrete and process control.
• The number of internet users have increased dramatically in the last decade and almost doubled in the last eight years. This will continue further increases in connectivity, data collection and manipulation, requiring more powerful HMIs such as AIS’s flagship model, the Premium Smart family of HMI touch panels.
• Advancements in wireless technology protocols now made available in some PLCs, in order to make automation control systems compatible with wireless protocols.
• Various mechanical instruments and devices are coupled with smart computing or IT Systems for better automation. AIS’s Premium and Standard interfaces will be integral components in automation systems serving these requirements.
• The scope of industrial controls and AIS HMI touch panels are not limited to the production floor and MES, but extended to business processes on the ERP level. AIS’s open architecture, browser-based design facilitates OT and IT convergence.
AIS’s Intelligent, M2M control, monitoring and visualization factory automation HMIs are open architecture design; equipped with the features, functionality and versatility to support and enable these new requirements in process and discrete automation applications. They offer many powerful features that will leverage the expected growth and future opportunities in the process and discrete automation market. Key features include:
• Extremely Fast System Response: High performance computing with Intel® Core™ i7-4650U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.30 GHz), high memory bandwidth with dual-channel DDR3L-1333/1600 (25.6 GB/s, up to 16 GB), Intel HD graphics supports DirectX 11.1, Open CL /GL, and 4K videos Quick Sync encoder, high-speed Gigabit Ethernet & USB 3.0 ports, and highly flexible RS 232/422/485 serial ports.
• High System Availability & Data Security: RAID 1 system supports with onboard RAID controller & two externally accessible SSD removable enclosures, and an internal non-volatile m-SATA SSD.
• Highly Reliable Touchscreens & Long Lasting Displays: Operationally tested to 35 million touches in one location without failure, touch screen positional accuracy standard deviation error is less than 0.080 (2mm), and maintenance-free illumination system lifetime rated at 80,000 to 100,000 hours in Eco mode.
• Scalable, Modular, & Expandable System: Brilliant touch displays from 15” to 24“, widescreen displays with multi-touch capability, field-replaceable front displays and box IPCs, an externally accessible PCIe slot & two removable SSD storage enclosures, and 24 V DC (9.6 V to 28.8 V) isolated industrial power supply.
• Rugged & Zero Maintenance System: Completely flush stainless steel fronts with IP66/NEMA 4/4X ratings, compact and rugged aluminum system enclosures; high temperature, vibration, shock, & EMC resistant; fan-less operation up to ambient temp of 50 °C, highly reliable power and I/O ports include isolation protection.
• Comprehensive Operating System Software & Services: Supports embedded x86 platform, x86-optimized operating systems and development; Pre-installed Windows Standard 7 Embedded or Ultimate 64-bit, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry, 8.1 Pro or 8 Standard.
• Single Touch & Multi Touch Wide Screens Interface Options: The Premium line of HMIs range from 15” to 24” screen sizes with single and multiple touch, projected capacitive touch (PCT or PCAT) wide screen model options. Multi-touch screen displays are available in 15.6”, 18.5” and 21.5”.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, USA, American Industrial Systems, Inc. (AIS) offers in-house electronic and mechanical design, software development, manufacturing, production and quality control services. Offering one of the widest ranges of industrial computing solutions, AIS solutions are available in a multitude of configurations for industrial, oil & gas, military and marine applications. The company is fully committed to empowering, improving and delivering turnkey HMI, monitoring and display solutions for OEM, ODM and end-user customers. AIS is an ISO 9001:2008 certified supplier and manufacturer of rugged computers and displays, and received completion of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) registration from the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). For more information, visit: www.aispro.com, email: email@example.com or contact: 1-888-485-6688.